Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 3500 taillight wiring

Nathanael Carpenter

Reaction score
Need help I can't find a tail light wire diagram 2019 ram 3500 with park assist.
I am custom building a utility bed for my truck and I put led corvette lights in the rear and I can't get it to stop blinking fast on the dash. I found out where all the wires go to except the brown and white one which I assume a resistor of some sort but I can't find one. Side not I did tear the taillights apart and am going to try and relocate the park assist sensor. But inside of the taillight everything is labeled and the brown and white one says FLT what does that mean?

IMG_5160.jpeg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Park assist sensors are in the bumper the tail light would be blind spot monitoring….

superjoe83

Reaction score
The FLT wire is a fault sense wire that toggles 12v back to the BCM during turn signal use. I belive that you can disable it with alfaobd. @Jimmy07 would know for sure.

Attachments

• tail light.pdf
    537.8 KB · Views: 14

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Need help I can't find a tail light wire diagram 2019 ram 3500 with park assist.
I am custom building a utility bed for my truck and I put led corvette lights in the rear and I can't get it to stop blinking fast on the dash. I found out where all the wires go to except the brown and white one which I assume a resistor of some sort but I can't find one. Side not I did tear the taillights apart and am going to try and relocate the park assist sensor. But inside of the taillight everything is labeled and the brown and white one says FLT what does that mean?

View attachment 66303

The FLT wire is a fault sense wire that toggles 12v back to the BCM during turn signal use. I belive that you can disable it with alfaobd. @Jimmy07 would know for sure.
It is the fault sense wires. Use alfaobd to turn them off:
CBC Config I/O Usage: Left Rear Turn Lamp Diagnostics Present - Pin F27- NO

CBC Config I/O Usage: Right Rear Turn Lamp Diagnostics Present - Pin F31- NO

Nathanael Carpenter

Reaction score

CBC Config I/O Usage: Right Rear Turn Lamp Diagnostics Present - Pin F31-

so I just did some research on alfaobd I'm new to all these electronics can I just buy a scanner download an app and do it off my phone? Or do I need to take it to someone with a lap top. It looks like it's gonna cost about $200 does that sound right?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
so I just did some research on alfaobd I'm new to all these electronics can I just buy a scanner download an app and do it off my phone? Or do I need to take it to someone with a lap top. It looks like it's gonna cost about $200 does that sound right?
If you have an android phone, or windows laptop, you can be set up with alfaobd or JScan for between $125-$150 with these items:
- Alfaobd or JScan app
- Bypass: https://www.kaodtech.com/product-page/security-module-bypass
- vlinker MC OBD interface: https://a.co/d/cmkHNCQ

If you have an iPhone, you can use JScan with these items (alfaobd doesn’t work on iPhone):
- JScan app
- same bypass as above
- vlinker MC+ OBD interface (note the difference from the interface above for iPhone use): https://a.co/d/dwhg5Ad

Nathanael Carpenter

Reaction score
Thanks for the support so far yall have been super helpful! My last question so I wired one side with the new taillights and left the other one plugged in to the stock taillight but for some reason the new ones will work fine except the brake light will stop working after a few minutes of running what the heck would cause that? The only wire I don't have hooked up is the fault wire (FLT) cause I don't know where to hook it up. If I turn the fault sensor off will it fix the brake light issue as well? The new lights only have 3 wires a ground, park light, and blinker or brake light. The truck has 4 wires ground, park light, blinker, and a separate for the brake light I wired the blinker and brake light together and it works fine as it should before the taillights quit working. The side I left with the stock light works perfect so I'm lost on what to do next

jsalbre

Reaction score
Wiring the blinker and brake light together is probably what’s causing the problem. I think there’s a setting in AlfaOBD (or JScan) you need to change for combined lighting. There might be a doc about wiring for that in the body builder guides on bed removal.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Thanks for the support so far yall have been super helpful! My last question so I wired one side with the new taillights and left the other one plugged in to the stock taillight but for some reason the new ones will work fine except the brake light will stop working after a few minutes of running what the heck would cause that? The only wire I don't have hooked up is the fault wire (FLT) cause I don't know where to hook it up. If I turn the fault sensor off will it fix the brake light issue as well? The new lights only have 3 wires a ground, park light, and blinker or brake light. The truck has 4 wires ground, park light, blinker, and a separate for the brake light I wired the blinker and brake light together and it works fine as it should before the taillights quit working. The side I left with the stock light works perfect so I'm lost on what to do next
This is another thing you’ll need alfaobd for. You need to configure the bcm for combined rear lighting (brake light wire performs both turn signal and brake lamp functions). Then, the turn signal wire on the truck won’t be used.

Nathanael Carpenter

Reaction score
This is another thing you’ll need alfaobd for. You need to configure the bcm for combined rear lighting (brake light wire performs both turn signal and brake lamp functions). Then, the turn signal wire on the truck won’t be used.
I finally received the bypass wire and it will not connect to the Body Control Module when the by pass is plugged in but if I unplug it and plug the vLinker MC straight to the factory obd port I can connect to anything I want but it doesnt give me optios to change anything. I'm lost idk if the bypass is not working or if I have something wrong somehow. Why can't I connect to my truck when the bypass is plugged in? I double checked all the wires and made sure everything was hooked up right.

Nathanael Carpenter

Reaction score
I have the OBD vLinker MC the security module bypass, I purchased alfaobd, and I am using my android. The Phone pairs with the OBDLink, I have all of the security module wires hooked up and key in run position. Every time I try to connect, it attempts 4 times and then I get the Failed! message. Interface message: NO DATA Connect failed... What am I doing wrong? If I unhook the bypass it connects but wont give me options to change any settings. I still need to change the taillights and blinkers to the same wire

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I have the OBDLink MX, the security module bypass, I purchased alfaobd, and I am using my android. The Phone pairs with the OBDLink, I have all of the security module wires hooked up and key in run position. Every time I try to connect, it attempts 4 times and then I get the Failed! message. Interface message: NO DATA Connect failed... What am I doing wrong? If I unhook the bypass it connects but wont give me options to change any settings. I still need to change the taillights and blinkers to the same wire
Which bypass are you using?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Most likely you have the plugs in the wrong CAN blocks. How do you have the bypass wired up?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
The kaodtech
Like jsalbre just mentioned, I believe you have the two small plugs switched around on those two junction blocks.

Once that is squared away, connect to the body computer, then select car configuration change in the dropdown menu, and that’s where you’ll find these changes to make:
CBC Features: Combined Rear Lighting Enabled- YES

CBC Features: LED Stop Lamps Present- YES

CBC Features: LED Tail Lamps Present- YES

CBC Config I/O: Connector E Pin 3/Connector F Pin 42: Rear Turn Lamps Output Present- NO

CBC Config I/O Usage: Separated Lighting Brake Lamp Dropout- NO

Nathanael Carpenter

Reaction score
I will give it a go later today. The CAN blocks one is black and green and one is white and green I hooked the white connector to the white CAN BAR and the black connector to the black CAN bar. I guess that's wrong

Users who are viewing this thread