Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 pin connector and Trailer Surround View Camera

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Any idea on which wires do what on the three? I adding flush mount fog lights as reverse lights in the rear bumper. I'm using aux 1 2 3 so far for air compressor and air horn trigger and RGB rock lights that my kids gave me.

Bluedevilman

Reaction score
Thanks @Brutal_HO I searched and this would not come up for me. Exactly what I was looking for. What does the PDC refer to sorry I don't know all the acronyms they use.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks @Brutal_HO I searched and this would not come up for me. Exactly what I was looking for. What does the PDC refer to sorry I don't know all the acronyms they use.

PDC is the main Power Distribution Center (fusebox). In some cases, we're talking about the Aux PDC which is present on Diesel trucks and trucks with the Aux Switch option. It's important to make that distinction unless the context of the discussion is specific to one or the other.

Since you asked about sourcing power, I'm guessing you are asking about PDC in reference to this note:
  1. Under hood RUN/ACC, BAT power:
    • PDC Connector C5, Pin 7 = Circuit F781 PK/YE, 10A (F65) - (USB Charging Port, Wireless Charging Module and the Invertor Module)
    • PDC Connector C7, Pin 9 = Circuit F986 PK/YE, 20A (F90/91) - User selectable IGN/BAT
You can see a worksheet I made with all the fuse locations/details here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=105565244363658163151&rtpof=true&sd=true

HOWEVER, since you have AUX switches, I'd follow that track to use those wires already found there above the spare tire. Find the grey jumper that gets plugged in above your parking brake near the firewall and use the pass-thru circuits to carry one of the aux switches over that (cut or re-pinned) jumper to the rear wires.

Look at this post specifically for some guidance:

Radiometer1

Reaction score
I have the Trailer 360° Surround View Kit (82216421AB-001), but I can't find any vehicle compatibility info for it and it's no longer listed on any of the Mopar sites. Does anyone know if it is compatible with 2023 RAM 2500's equipped with the truck 360° surround camera system, DRVM & 12-pin trailer surround connector?

Radiometer1

Reaction score
I have the Trailer 360° Surround View Kit (82216421AB-001), but I can't find any vehicle compatibility info for it and it's no longer listed on any of the Mopar sites. Does anyone know if it is compatible with 2023 RAM 2500's equipped with the truck 360° surround camera system, DRVM & 12-pin trailer surround connector?
I learned from @Jimmy07 these are essentially the same. 82216421AB-001 is the old p/n before it was replaced by 68527709AC which is the new p/n.

Last edited:

DanAdelaide

Reaction score
I learned from @Jimmy07 these are essentially the same. 82216421AB-001 is the old p/n before it was replaced by 68527709AC which is the new p/n.
Talk to Jimmy07. I was looking forever for an answer to if it could be added. Jimmy said the truck harness should be there. You have to get the 12 pin outlet for the bumper, and then make a custom harness to attach between them. There is no available factory harness. You also have to add a module behind the dash. Then it must be programmed to work. That is the surround system, that is for backing only, displayed in the radio. Not the rear view camera, for driving, that appears in the rear view digital mirror.
Hey guys. Did @Jimmy07 @Brutal_HO @CortexM0 or anyone ever figure out creating a custom harness between a missing 12 pin bumper outlet and truck harness? I have this issue on my Nov 2022 Ram 1500 Limited, whereby the Trailer Surround Camera soft key is present on the uConnect5 screen, the Trailer Gateway appears to be in place behind the steering wheel dash and connected (unless I’m confusing it with the standard gateway), I have the Mopar surround view trailer system 82216421AB, but have no 12-pin SAE J3008 plug at my rear bumper bar. I can source the plug, and happy to build a custom loom, but to where should it wire into the main truck harness?

Radiometer1

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture &/or description for where the trailer gateway module (68509331AB) & bracket (04896196AA) are supposed to be installed?

I know it's supposed to go in this general area near the 2 connectors, but it's such a tight & crowded area I couldn't figure out how or exactly where it gets mounted:
Trailer Gateway Module Location-1 markup - resized.jpg Trailer Gateway Bracket - resized.jpg Trailer Gateway Module + Bracket - resized.jpg

CortexM0

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture &/or description for where the trailer gateway module (68509331AB) & bracket (04896196AA) are supposed to be installed?

I know it's supposed to go in this general area near the 2 connectors, but it's such a tight & crowded area I couldn't figure out how or exactly where it gets mounted:
View attachment 72001 View attachment 71999 View attachment 72002
It gets mounted to the bracket shown in the below picture. I've added a yellow line to show the side it connects to.
PXL_20230330_225057812.jpg

Something somewhat, kind of, sorta, like this edited picture.
PXL_20230330_225057812 copy.jpg

Radiometer1

Reaction score
It gets mounted to the bracket shown in the below picture. I've added a yellow line to show the side it connects to.
View attachment 72073

Something somewhat, kind of, sorta, like this edited picture.
View attachment 72074
Thanks CortexM0! I tried to get the bracket mounted to the curved support marked by your yellow line, but it was too tight & crowded. After multiple attempts, I gave up and simply zip tied the module in place without the bracket. It seems fairly secure with 3 zip ties:
IMG_2522 - resized.jpg IMG_2523 - resized.jpg

So that leaves me with a bracket I'd like to give away to anyone willing to pay shipping! :D

Users who are viewing this thread