Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. G

Brake Upgrades?

Since switching to 37's i have noticed a pretty significant decrease in braking performance. I realize its not a car and i don't expect it to stop on a dime, but occasionally I find myself needing to brake hard.. and it's just not there. On my diesel (same wheel & tire set up) when i stomped on...
  2. G

Wheel Hop Issues

Since some of you guys use your Power Wagons as intended, looking for a little advice.. Finally got out in some decent snow (14-18" or so) and was experiencing some pretty significant wheel hop. I was aired down to mid 20's, 4 wheel High.. rear locked or unlocked didn't seem to make much...
  3. G

Another CP4 Thread.. Post your mileage on your CP4 truck.

Just what this forum needs, another CP4 thread. Feel free to remove it if you think it's been covered in another thread (I don't think it has). I know we have many threads talking about the issues with the CP4, the lack of action from FCA etc. I don't see too many folks talking about how many...
  4. G

Tires - The next shortage..

Currently have 35" Cooper STT Pro's on my truck... We get real winter around here so i knew i was going to have to swap to a different tire for winter. Settled on the Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Called the tire shop, asking for a 285/75r18 or a 35" tire.. no go.. none available, backordered for...
  5. G

First Service - Fuel Filters too?

Hey guys, Just did my first oil change - 9800 KM on the truck. I know there are many threads about when to do the first service.. i just felt like it was time now. I was going to do the fuel filters at the same time but the shop didn't have them.. they will have them tomorrow but it made me...
  6. G

All Terrain options for Winter (3PMSF)

Since no one makes a dedicated snow tire in a real size.. I've been looking at the best 3PMSF (3 Peak Mountain & Snowflake Rated) All Terrain (35") options for in the winter. I think I've narrowed it down to : Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT (most siping, potentially least effective tread pattern)...
  7. G

Repaired flat tire - Run or Not?

I have a new wheel and tire set up with less than 3,000 KM on it.. got a flat the other day. Pretty sizeable hole in the left rear, (1/2 hole maybe) managed to get it plugged and get home. I called my shop and asked about a repair, they said no problem.. but i was thinking to myself, do i...
  8. G

Line-X Bumpers.. Why So Expensive??

I have a 2020 Tradesman 3500.. i have installed a clear bra on the hood and the fenders. I wanted to do something to protect the coating on the metal bumper (i don't have the chrome package). I reached out to Line-X to get a quote. $450 + $150 to sandblast the bumper. that's $600 plus taxes...