Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. B

What does this button do?

Switches between lower mirror and upper. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. B

Key fob

I have noticed my cell phone can interfere with the fob. I believe they even mention it in the manual. Make note of where your cell phone is, relative to the fob and see if changing its location helps. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. B

TPMS and Tire Rotation

Thanks!
  4. B

TPMS and Tire Rotation

I know this is going to end up being a dumb question, but what the heck. I'm thinking of rotating the tires on my 2019 Laramie 2500 myself. I have now had two tire shops wreck my truck, once to the tune of thousands of dollars and I am getting sick of it. Came darn near close to losing multiple...
  5. B

Question about Chrysler financing...

I have never had an auto loan where there was an early payoff fee and I’ve been financing vehicles for almost 50 years. Just read the terms of the loan. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. B

MDS vibration

It is normal but like you, I can’t believe it isn’t harmful over the long run. I turn off MDS almost every time I shift out of park by selecting 8th gear as my top gear. I don’t feel it at all on the highway and leave it on there. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. B

A/C Issues? Anyone else

I thought the problem was more common with the upper trim models. I have dual zones with the problem. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. B

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

That makes a lot of sense from what I have experienced. Always very low RPMs. One time backing up a trailer. Another time backing slowly in a gravel parking lot with loose gravel, plus many more all around very low speeds. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. B

I have a very similar issue. Same drive-train. All the times it has happened has been while moving in reverse at a very slow speed with one exception which was pulling out of a parking place in drive with cars coming at me being stalled with oncoming traffic. Incredibly dangerous. I filed a...
  10. B

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Had that happen the other night. I had just turned the fan down in speed from full speed to something slower. Once I turned the fan back up in speed the moisture went away. Don't know why any of that happened.
  11. B

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Wow! Thank you...Thank you... Thank you!!!!!!!
  12. B

Trying to decide whether to upgrade from 1500 to 3500 in a year or two

If you go with the 6.4 gas engine on a 2500, you will have around a 3000# payload. If you want that (or more) with a diesel, get a 3500.
  13. B

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Not that involves the dealer. Personally I’m not ready to re-engineer the cooling/heating system but there are people here that have done a relatively simple modification with excellent results. I’m just not willing to risk not having a warranty for an engine failure. I’m just a little warm of...
  14. B

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Short answer: No Long answer: No
  15. B

A/C Issues? Anyone else

My wife complains about indoor air temperatures being too cold when under 74 degrees. When we drive in the truck I have the AC blowing full force as cold as it can get for hours at a time and she never complains. It is unacceptable that RAM considers this normal operation and I can't wait to...
  16. B

Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73

I'm sort of the same way after 2 hours, but I'd really like for my fuel stops to be four hours of driving apart, which the 6.4 just can just barely do on 31 gallons pulling a trailer on flat roads. You learn to live with it I guess. Just got the truck last fall and have taken two relatively...
  17. B

Assuming 8 mpg, you would have a 240 mile range with 1 gallon to spare. I generally want to allow a 60 mile window for finding an acceptably sized and configured fuel station, so 175 miles should be safe. I agree though that 31 gallons is not enough. Toyota puts a 38 gallon tank in a Tundra with...
  18. B

I unfortunately discovered that there is no point in leaving a trip meter going to measure mileage over a long period of time. I had done so and discovered unbelievable results over time. It turns out it only goes back a little and then rolls over the data. Completely worthless. for anything but...
  19. B

Have you checked your fuses? They often are delivered not fully seated and a lot of odd problems can go away when they are properly seated. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. B

There's a whole thread on it here. https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-c-issues-anyone-else.573/ Welcome to the club. Not everyone experiences this, but it is a big problem. This is my last RAM if they don't get it fixed. What is happening as I understand it is that the heater core is...