Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS and Tire Rotation

brucie

Reaction score
I know this is going to end up being a dumb question, but what the heck. I'm thinking of rotating the tires on my 2019 Laramie 2500 myself. I have now had two tire shops wreck my truck, once to the tune of thousands of dollars and I am getting sick of it. Came darn near close to losing multiple wheels when one mobile installer forgot to tighten the lugs on multiple wheels. I'll repeat myself. I am getting really sick of it. So, I have one question for now. When you move around the wheels on a truck where the position of the wheel matters, how do you tell your truck which wheel is in what position? Do I really need to buy an expensive programmer? Thanks in advance and be gentle if this is a really dumb question.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Nothing needed on your end. Rotate them as you please then drive it around the block and the new positions will be recalibrated.

tchur1

Reaction score
Somewhat related question, I just put new tires on my truck but maintained the stock sensors. They were all working for the first 10 mins of driving or so, but then the left sides went out and I cant get them to register. Any recommendations on how to reset the left side ones to recalibrate?

Users who are viewing this thread