Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. W

Dead battery = can’t kill power.

Son and I went to the hunting lease last night to do some work. He went fishing at the pond and I returned to the truck. I hit the start button to turn on the auxiliary power. About that time he calls me to the pond to see his catch. I walk the 75 yards to the pond, stay about 10 minutes and...
  2. W

2500 BH Sport

I drove by the local dealer today and just killing time looked at some new 2500s. They have two 2500 Big Horn Sports with the diesel. No big deal right? What caught my eye was it had front and rear coils like the Hemi. Many first thought was payload on the coils and then thought all diesels...
  3. W

Level got my mind foggy.

The truck 2019 2500 Tradesman 6.4. I added the Traxda 1” front spacer to the truck. Then added shock extenders a couple weeks later and got it aligned. I like the look but something about driving it just feels off. The steering wheel is still off a hair, although the alignment guys said he...
  4. W

Tire recommendation for the other side.

My truck - 19' 2500 CC 4x4 20,000 miles Surely I'm not the only one on the other side. It seems most threads are "help me choose a tire of this aggressive All Terrain or Mud version. I have the stock sized tires on 18'' Wheels. My truck stays on the road and might drive through a grass...
  5. W

Salesmen are clueless

This is a local ad placed on market place by a dealer for a used power wagon. I know it’s a HD truck and most of his ad is correct. What gets me is he is selling on the point it’s a Power Wagon so it must be a pulling machine!!!!!! Right….. sometime I wish salesmen actually took some time to...
  6. W

6.4 Magnaflow Direct fit Muffler

Less than 500 miles on Muffler. I installed and just decided the louder exhaust note isn’t my style anymore. Basically new. Located in Western Kentucky (42003). I paid 325.xx. Selling for $250.00 pick up only unless payer pays shipping but I’m sure it would be pricey.
  7. W

Tips/tricks on exhaust removal

I guess this could be for either engine but I really looking at the 6.4. I debated and bought the magnaflow direct fit muffler. I’m looking for any helpful tips to taking the factory stuff out. I DO NOT want to cut it out as if I don’t like the new one, I’ll put it back in. Mine will be a...
  8. W

Water stained headliner near rear window

I was cleaning out my truck and noticed first my darling kids have splashed something on my headliner in a few spots. Then I notice a water ring, a decent size right behind/below the third brake like and another one above the rear drivers side passenger headrest. I have the light tan headliner...
  9. W

8 cyl vs 4 cyl

I was driving last night after filling the truck up and started wondering about MPG. Truck is stock with 18s and the 6.4. Now I know it’s a 3/4 ton and MPG isn’t a big concern, this isn’t a question or post about bad MPG or wanting 20 MPG. My question is has anyone done a test where under...
  10. W

When should MDS kick in?

I searched MDS several different ways but never got any results. I know it has been talked about on here but no luck pulling a good search. When should it kick in? My wife tell me I drive like an old man all the time. (I’m 38). It’s not that I’m trying to baby the truck or conserve fuel, it’s...
  11. W

Black headlights : need help

Can some with a Big Horn who has the black halogen headlights help me with a part number for them. I found this article referencing them but have not been able to search and locate them. I have not found a vin number for one to search that way either. Thank you.
  12. W

Swing away tool box with 5th wheel

I’m looking to see if anyone has one of these swing away tool boxes of any style and a fifth wheel camper set up. I want to pull the trigger on something like this but have never seen one in person. I’m wondering if the king pin box would make any contact with it. It might not be close but...
  13. W

Muffler exchange

I keep going back and forth with swapping mufflers. Magnaflow 19493 is my main looker but still on the fence. Some say drone and some say no drone, some say it’s loud and other say it’s not. Although most say that get a MPH increase with the less restrictive muffler over the large factory...
  14. W

AVS Aeroskin - anybody have one yet?

I had one of these on my 2010 F150 and like it. I saw they released one for the 2019/2020 Ram HD’s and am wondering if anyone has one yet. If you not familiar it fit like a bug deflector across the front of the hood, but it does not stand up to deflect bugs or wind. It sticks flat and is more...
  15. W

Chrome 2500 hood badges 70.00

I swapped out my chrome 2500 Heavy Duty hood badges for the matte black ones. They are off my 2019 model, garage kept, 6,000 mile tradesman. All the mounting clips are are good condition. I’ll post pictures from my phone soon. Located in Western Kentucky. PayPal is best and I’ll pay for...
  16. W

Need advice on oil change intervals

My brother in law and I both bought 2019 Ram Tradesman 6.4 2500s within the last 8 months. We purchased them from the same dealer but at two different store locations. There is only about 20 miles between locations but in two different states. My location told me 5000 mile oil changes and his...
  17. W

Anyone replaced reverse lights?

Has anyone switched out their reverse light bulbs with success. I saw these and reviews are good and price is also fair. The description says you can rotate the bulb to be able to gain the best light output for you application. Does anyone have these?
  18. W

Flutter / flapping sound

So over the past couple of months while driving I have heard this random flutter or flapping sound. I thought maybe I had a leaf down in the cowl, windshield wiper area that the wind was making it flap. The thing was this area was clear and clean. While cleaning the truck yesterday I popped the...
  19. W

Aftermarket, What gives!!!

I do not understand the aftermarket for the 2019s HD’s.. These trucks have been out for a year to a year and a half and the aftermarket has not caught up. Yes I know some 2018 stuff will fit but what is the hold up. I’m just looking at mud flaps, bug guards, window deflectors, floor mats etc...
  20. W

Foam door cup holders

This is my first dodge, so I have no experience but the foam cup holders in the doors. I saw they were an option on some 2019 and have been in years past. My tradesman does not have them but have the large door compartment your feet. Do you all find these useful? I’m not really looking for...