Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire recommendation for the other side.

woody284

Reaction score
My truck - 19' 2500 CC 4x4 20,000 miles

Surely I'm not the only one on the other side. It seems most threads are "help me choose a tire of this aggressive All Terrain or Mud version. I have the stock sized tires on 18'' Wheels. My truck stays on the road and might drive through a grass field when hunting but only If I know there is no way to get stuck. If its wet or questionable I load up the UTV and take no chances. I'm looking for recommendations of tires you have had good luck with. I figure a Highway, or All Seasons tire would benefit me well. I'm assuming a Highway, All Season or extremely mild All Terrain would grant me the best sound quality, mpg, and ride. I tow a tritoon every weekend in the summer to the lake, and occasional long trip with the travel trailer.

I live in Western Kentucky. We get one or two couple of inch snows a year. Nothing crazy.

Cseybert

Reaction score
I personally have had them on my trucks. The Michelin‘s are rock Throwers. The continentals would be my first choice.

Jsboening

Reaction score
Michelin Defenders here too. I’ve got two trucks on them now and am happy. I don’t do heavy off-roading, but I tow a lot in the winter and they seem to do real good in the snow. They’re quiet on the highway and wear really well. I’m going to buy another set for my new 2500 when it gets here.

woody284

Reaction score
These two tires mentioned seem to have several reviews comparing them. They each get goods reviews with the Conti looking a little more aggressive by looks alone. Both seem like good options.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Another mild AT is the Nitto Terra Grappler G2.

zsqure

Reaction score
I'm sure there are more than two of us that would rather run highway based tires over mud or aggressive a/t. Working construction 20 years ago, pulling skid steers and mini hoes around all I ran was a highway tire. would like a 35" highway tire to fit the stock 18" wheel.

woody284

Reaction score
I wondered about the dura grappler since the other nittos are so popular but it just never gets brought up much in this category. The Michelin Ltx / defender seems to be the most rivaled in online comparisons.

Hibiki54

Reaction score
I did a little research and in most reviews I came up with the same two tires and almost the same honorable mention.

Michelin Defender LTX M/S All-Season
Firestone Transforce HT
Goodyear Duratrac

The Michelin was always #1 on every review list.

Godzilla

Reaction score
Yup, Michelin Defenders. Just picked up my 3500 2 days ago. Traded my '17 2500 and had them take the Michelins (with 15k miles on them) off of it and swap them out on the new truck and put the Firestones on my truck I was trading in. They were happy and I was happy. I run two sizes up (295s) and my chains fit the Michelins anyway, but I really think they are the best tire for these HD trucks. I have been using them, and their previous iteration, for many years.

Users who are viewing this thread