Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. M

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

I don’t think the poster mentioned a 6 month wait for an inspection, if he did I missed that. Whether the parts are available, back ordered or whatever if it takes six months to get them it’s all the same to me. My apologies
  2. M

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

W I purchased my truck from a good sized dealer in the Denver metro area where I reside. I called on May 10th or 11th I don’t recall which day for the inspection. My appointment was on May 23. When I asked my place in line at the time of the inspection I was 22nd. I checked a couple of days...
  3. M

Is It Me or My Cargo Camera

I think there are different cameras depending on if the truck has surround camera option or not. My 2020 with surround view is very clear
  4. M

New to diesel truck living.

I have always filled my DEF at the pump, never had an issue other than the pumps won’t dispense in real cold temps, I was told they shut off automatically somewhere in the mid 20s temperature
  5. M

DEF Excessive Usage

Based on the thirst of the newer trucks a little bigger DEF tank would’ve been nice.
  6. M

Mountain Brown/Light Frost Beige

I have that interior in my 2020 Laramie 3500. Love it. Holds up great. Goes great with black exterior and you will be pleased with your red exterior as well. I had to look far and wide to even find any truck with that interior when I was ordering mine. I needed to go Laramie because I wanted a...
  7. M

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

My inspection was on 5/23, I was told there was 22 ahead of me. 2020 SO runs fine.
  8. M

Suspension set up for towing

Save your money, leave it stock
  9. M

7" Instrument Cluster Upgrade with 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

I have a 20 Laramie CC LB with the 50 gallon. The gauge seems to go down in a pretty linear fashion. I fill up completely and run it down pretty low each tank maybe 20 miles to empty. I have put in 48.5 several times.
  10. M

Remote unlock camper shell wiring?

When I purchased a Leer hard tonneau for my last truck I though my model would lock and unlock with the doors but it didn’t. If came with its own fob. I was able to program it to the home link on the visor. The tonneau had a teach button under the cover like a garage door opener. I think...
  11. M

Tough Choice, new to RAM.

I think the Alpine is just fine. I have read posts on droning sound from the audio and amp issues and I believe they all have occurred on the 17 speaker systems.
  12. M

Found some Rotella T6 5-40

I’m with you brother, enjoy your truck
  13. M

Brutal, I started this thread about the availability of oil, period. I don’t think this is an appropriate forum for any political comments but in any case there are many posters that use can’t seem to resist getting in a political jab. The way I see it we are all Americans on the same team...
  14. M

So Biden bought a diesel truck, cleared the shelves of Rotella and here we are.
  15. M

Talk Me Out Of Buying a 2500 vs 1500

I have a 3500 CTD CC long bed. If I could be in a 1500 I would. The 1500s are a lot more comfortable as a daily driver, have plenty of capacity and you can get a 6.4 bed. The hd truck is great but I wouldn’t have it if I didn’t need it. Great on the highway but pretty stiff on bumpy in town roads.
  16. M

Impact Driver for lug nuts

I just use the lug wrench that comes with the truck or a breaker bar and a socket. The money feels good in my pocket.
  17. M

I guess I thought that is the preferred oil. I really don’t know.
  18. M

For those having difficulty finding Rotella T6 5-40 you may want to try Home Depot. Just picked some up. $23.78 a gallon.
  19. M

Ordering advice

I have never bumped the toggle switches and can’t see having a row of switches than are never going to be used. Clearance lights are a must.