Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found some Rotella T6 5-40

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Thanks!

Btw, why T6? Based on this guys analysis, T5 is the way to go?

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Check out that video, T5 seems to be the best and has better quality properties than T6. Just for reference.

BAT3500

Reaction score
T6 at homedepot is local anomaly. Local stores have it briefly on extremely rare occasions. Just have to at your store at the right time.

Its worse than the original ammo shortages....

Basser53

Reaction score
Does t5 come in 5/40? The t6 is a full synthetic , t5 is a blend.. I've always run the valvoline. Everyone has ther own opinion.. a better test would be oil with 15000 miles on it..

Riddick

Reaction score
T6 is a full synthetic and the T5 is a blend. Both great oils but the additive package in the T6 is more robust and it will last longer. Do a Google search for the oil your considering and add UOA to the end of the search..... Stands for used oil analysis.

Basser53

Reaction score
T6 is a full synthetic and the T5 is a blend. Both great oils but the additive package in the T6 is more robust and it will last longer. Do a Google search for the oil your considering and add UOA to the end of the search..... Stands for used oil analysis.
I searched for t5 in 5w 40 and couldn't find it.. 15w 40 is not recommended for 19 + trucks.. again it's all a matter of opinion.. there someone out there for every oil claiming there's is the best..

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Based on my manual, I am supposed to use 10W-30..... or 5W-40 FULL synthetic in below freezing? Where is everyone getting 15W-40? Is it because i have HO cummins?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Based on my manual, I am supposed to use 10W-30..... or 5W-40 FULL synthetic in below freezing? Where is everyone getting 15W-40? Is it because i have HO cummins?
The video you shared was a 15w40 t5…. So you brought the 15w40 to the subject… also 10w30 is if your not using the truck for truck things they also say 5w40 for severe duty in the warmer climate also that was in a past TSB

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
@H3LZSN1P3R you are correct my apolgies.

Well I use it as a daily driver. Not hailing 20k pounds every day but do haul a 2-3 horse trailer and load up the bed once in awhile. What TSB? So you are saying use 5W-40? References? I am in So Cal so it does not get THAT hot here.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

A bit confusing, but you shouldn't be concerned where to get 15W40 because you're manual doesn't list it as suitable and you're not supposed to use it in any 19+ Cummins CGI engine because they use hydraulic lifters and that oil will coke up the lifters.

Everyone posting in the 4.5 gen forums should stop talking about where to get 15W40 oil.

madgoal1

Reaction score
Search home depot online, will show the stock at the nearby stores. Lowes also stocks T6 at many stores for the same cost.

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
I just bought 18gallons at $33 each from a few different auto zones. Can’t find the T6 anywhere and I have been running it in my 6.0 for almost a decade. Used to get it from Walmart before biden for $19.

Coming up on my first oil change for the 3500. So we are using 5w40? Had not really decided to even look at it until right now

Millmutt

Reaction score
I just bought 18gallons at $33 each from a few different auto zones. Can’t find the T6 anywhere and I have been running it in my 6.0 for almost a decade. Used to get it from Walmart before biden for $19.

Coming up on my first oil change for the 3500. So we are using 5w40? Had not really decided to even look at it until right now
So Biden bought a diesel truck, cleared the shelves of Rotella and here we are.

Millmutt

Reaction score
Brutal,
I started this thread about the availability of oil, period.
I don’t think this is an appropriate forum for any political comments but in any case there are many posters that use can’t seem to resist getting in a political jab. The way I see it we are all Americans on the same team. Once an election cycle is concluded, whether you like the outcome or not we need to retract our claws and do the best we can for the greater good.

Users who are viewing this thread