Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. W

Why can’t you get a 5” CarPlay screen?

pretty much the title. I have a 19 2500 with a 5”. Non-car play. Wife has a 2020 jeep grand Laredo with the 5” and it has CarPlay. I don’t particularly wanna blow 2K to upgrade to 8”, but I do want car play … so just why do they do them for other models ?
  2. W

Anyone replace their rockers with weld in sliders/rock rails ?

I put some pretty nasty dents in my truck and now have a fair bit of work ahead of me. I’ve seen lots of rock rails that sit on the outside of the rockers but I have been in more than a few friends trucks that have them and I can’t stand them. The biggest part is kicking my feet out of the truck...
  3. W

2019 Ram 2500 6.4L Recommended Maintenance Schedule

Anyone have any links to the Mopar Recommended Maintenance Schedule (preferrable in KM)? Seems that different dealerships all have their own suggestions on what to do and when. TY for the help!
  4. W

Manual Latch Tailgate Conversion ?

Anyone do a mod to convert the tailgate from the actuators into the old style manual latch/handle? This last weekend had 3 yards of pea gravel in the back of the truck and the bloody tailgate refused to open. I could hear the actuators clicking but it refused to budge. Google says this is a...
  5. W

Collapsed Shock Length Non Lifted Truck?

Anyone know the collapse length for a 2019 Big Horn 2500 gasser, not lifted? Im poking through 4wheelparts.ca putting together a list of what I am going to order and its rather confused as to which ones will give me a lift and which ones wont. I found a nice set of Fox 2.0 shocks with 14" travel...
  6. W

What Tire Pressure do you run in the winter?

What do you guys run for tire pressure? As we get to fall, I am thinking winter already. I do have the AlfaOBD so adjusting the sensors is not a problem, but thinking what is the best for snow and ice without worrying about popping the bead. If it helps, I have the factory 18s, running...
  7. W

Payload Question

So I know that may sound stupid, but what exactly is Payload ? I mean is it the amount of weight I can put in the back safely ? How much weight can I toss into the back and not have squat ? I had a yard and a half of 1/4 down in the back just now and she had major squat. Not the first time...
  8. W

Overhead Console Part #?

Hey fellow forum people ! ... Was hoping someone would be able to toss out a part number towards me because my google chi doesnt seem to be stron this time around ... The overhead console with the tailgate drop button, in my perfect world there is one that has just the plane jane one that has...
  9. W

One led headlight takes longer to come on than other one ?

So strange question ... my tuck has recently started having this issue. I’ll command start my truck and 1 head light come on immediately while the other one is completely dark. Then it takes a full few seconds for the other one to come on to. Truck is a 19 big horn 2500, came with halogens, just...
  10. W

AlfaOBD - Windows Version changing settings on your truck

Hey guys, so was at the dealership getting some warranty work and they told me they re-flashed my truck with some upadates and now a bunch of stuff was acting funny (I did the LED headlight swap, added fogs, just a ton of other stuff). So no worries, I pulled out my trusty laptop (because I use...
  11. W

Adding Heated Steering Wheel but not seats - manual button ?

Hey all, so I am doing the heated steering wheel add on right now, just waiting for the new wheel to arrive. As I was doing this I was poking through Ebay and accidentaily found a radio bezel with the heated steering wheel and seats buttons. My original plan was to just use it with the radio app...
  12. W

Fog light install question

Hey all. So this may seem stupid ... I’ve installed the fog lights into the bumper, left the wire in the back seat and taken the truck to the dealership to finish the install. They told me that it can’t be done because I’m missing the wire for the plug in to the body harness so it can’t be done...
  13. W

AlfaOBD

So I am patiently waiting for my OBD to show up, and I was just wondering if anyone has a list of what we can change and works ? I have a 19 big horn 2500 and this is the first HD truck I’ve ever owned. I know there are quite a bit of differences from the 15 to the 25 so thought I’d ask before...
  14. W

Plastic trim bottom of truck ?

I was looking at my truck and I have the plastic piece at the bottom of the bumper, the plastic trim under the box, the plastic trim under the front bumper ... but nothing under the rockers. To me it rather looks like I am missing something and it looks unfinished. Like there should be side...
  15. W

Will a 2018 HD hood fit on a 19 big horn ?

Found a wicked metal hood that I’m very tempted to buy but the description says 10-18 2500 ... so does anyone know, will it fit ? Thanks for the help !
  16. W

Studded winter tires ? Give me your opinions

Have a 19 2500 big horn gasser, in the winter it’s still my daily driver so I’m planning on swapping out the Teansforce with a set of studded Duratracs ... i went with those because the winter commanders are all back order until January everywhere in my city. I got into a disagreement with some...
  17. W

Suspension upgrades without changing ride height?

Just wondering what if any non lift suspension upgrades people have done and if they are happy with them ? I’ve got a bone stock near bottom of the barrel 19 bighorn and I love the height so I don’t want to mess with it, but am debating what I’d like to do with it. I do drag the truck through...
  18. W

Easy way to decode part numbers ?

So I like swapping out oem parts and struggle with figuring out what part is what. Example aux switches descriptions suck. A pillars don’t tell you colour (I’m trying to black out all the beige). So what’s an easy way to get the part numbers I actually need to build my list as I order online ...
  19. W

Puck and shark fin on the roof ?

19 2500 Big Horn ... Canadian truck ... just wondering what does what on the roof ? I have both up there. No Sirius, nothing fancy, the small cheapy radio, no wifi ... so what’s the purpose of having both ? What do they do ?
  20. W

Wheel hop ?

Anyone else get mad wheel hop in 4x4? Was in some loose gravel on a slight slope and she jumped like mad. I was in 2wd until I had to swap into 4, but when I gave her some gas boy did she jump. 6.4 gas 19 big horn