Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plastic trim bottom of truck ?

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
I was looking at my truck and I have the plastic piece at the bottom of the bumper, the plastic trim under the box, the plastic trim under the front bumper ... but nothing under the rockers. To me it rather looks like I am missing something and it looks unfinished. Like there should be side skirts or something there. I do not have step bars or anything like that. Anyone else’s truck look like this ? Is there actually a piece missing ?

Attachments

• CC6B3552-DB76-4F7C-B092-737C493A1B81.jpeg
    CC6B3552-DB76-4F7C-B092-737C493A1B81.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 173

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
So the more I look, the more I agree I’ve never seen a truck with anything there, but it really looks like there should be something there. Anyone know if the 1500s have something there?

Wmhjr

Reaction score
I totally agree that it looks as if something is missing there, but that's the way it is. I installed side steps in black, and that kind of eliminated that "missing" look. Don't know what Dodge was thinking.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
The protection from gravel would be nice but I like the look with nothing there. I installed Amp steps so mine will always look like that. I did have to make sure the AMP steps were positioned correctly to keep them from hitting the molding in the front.

Mike67

Reaction score
I p
I was looking at my truck and I have the plastic piece at the bottom of the bumper, the plastic trim under the box, the plastic trim under the front bumper ... but nothing under the rockers. To me it rather looks like I am missing something and it looks unfinished. Like there should be side skirts or something there. I do not have step bars or anything like that. Anyone else’s truck look like this ? Is there actually a piece missing
I was looking at my truck and I have the plastic piece at the bottom of the bumper, the plastic trim under the box, the plastic trim under the front bumper ... but nothing under the rockers. To me it rather looks like I am missing something and it looks unfinished. Like there should be side skirts or something there. I do not have step bars or anything like that. Anyone else’s truck look like this ? Is there actually a piece missing ?
I placed a set of black plastic rocker panels under the doors along with the running bars. Made it look uniform and the rocker panels extend into the cab to protect the door bottom. Bought them on Amazon and made by Bushwacker.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Your truck is normal.

mine looked like that but I had to remove the plastic trim in front of and behind each tire to fit my bushwacker flares.

John Jensen

Reaction score
So the more I look, the more I agree I’ve never seen a truck with anything there, but it really looks like there should be something there. Anyone know if the 1500s have something there?
My 2016 1500 Eco is the same, nothing there.

keentech

Reaction score
Was looking to see if anyone else had an issue with the unfinished look. My wife even made a point to bring it up. My Amp deployable running boards fold in below which really makes it jump out at you. I am considering these as a solution: Bushwacker Trail Armor Rocker Panel.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Depending where you live you would not want anything there salt and brine from the roads would catch in there and rot the rockers out pretty quick plus steps hide it

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Was looking to see if anyone else had an issue with the unfinished look. My wife even made a point to bring it up. My Amp deployable running boards fold in below which really makes it jump out at you. I am considering these as a solution: Bushwacker Trail Armor Rocker Panel.
If you end up getting those, please post some real world pics. I have had them saved for quite a while, as I too have the Amp steps and while I wouldn't say they make it any worse, they definitely don't hide it.

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
Well I wish I would have known about those ... I ended up Rhinoing the rockers. It still looks a bit naked but the protection from the works and road make it worth it to me. I would have installed these and then sprayed over top if I had been aware they existed

AJDANTE

Reaction score
Depending where you live you would not want anything there salt and brine from the roads would catch in there and rot the rockers out pretty quick plus steps hide it
Minnesota here. Salt etc is a real problem here. Anything else you could suggest that might not cause that problem?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Minnesota here. Salt etc is a real problem here. Anything else you could suggest that might not cause that problem?
Yearly fluid film works well.....

i got the tube style steps you dont notice the plastic trim is not there

Attachments

• 37A8966E-8BDE-4A77-9479-FC5B0A3DDEA0.jpeg
    37A8966E-8BDE-4A77-9479-FC5B0A3DDEA0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • 1919C572-E4B7-48FA-95D7-904D625301F4.jpeg
    1919C572-E4B7-48FA-95D7-904D625301F4.jpeg
    532.7 KB · Views: 32

keentech

Reaction score
I may just have to be the guinea pig on these. I also thought about matte black vinyl but it will probably get beat up too much.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread