Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collapsed Shock Length Non Lifted Truck?

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
Anyone know the collapse length for a 2019 Big Horn 2500 gasser, not lifted? Im poking through 4wheelparts.ca putting together a list of what I am going to order and its rather confused as to which ones will give me a lift and which ones wont. I found a nice set of Fox 2.0 shocks with 14" travel but I am not sure what that is compared to stock ... Thanks for the help!

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
I probably should have added I have no idea what the collapsed length or extended length is on the stock oem suspension.

Thanks again for any input

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Anyone know the collapse length for a 2019 Big Horn 2500 gasser, not lifted? Im poking through 4wheelparts.ca putting together a list of what I am going to order and its rather confused as to which ones will give me a lift and which ones wont. I found a nice set of Fox 2.0 shocks with 14" travel but I am not sure what that is compared to stock ... Thanks for the help!
Front or rear?

If I recall correctly, fronts are 17-24 and rears are 19-27. That is from memory though as I replaced mine quite a while ago.

BUT...shocks alone will NOT give you a lift. You'll need new shocks that match up with whatever lift you add to it (whether that be through spacers or new springs). The appropriate lengths compressed and extended will need to match up with the travel associated with the achieved lift.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Give you a lift?

452c4d63d11b291d2ecb96d0fe0dc018.jpg

Sent from my work avoidance device

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
My plan is to do shocks and spings all around and try to change the travel length but not change ride height ... I got some quick disconnects for the front sway bar, so it is just for movement when I am on the backroads ... Unfortunately all the kits that are available are all 1" + lifts and I dont really know what I am doing, so figured I would ask here trying to get some help :)

Users who are viewing this thread