Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One led headlight takes longer to come on than other one ?

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
So strange question ... my tuck has recently started having this issue. I’ll command start my truck and 1 head light come on immediately while the other one is completely dark. Then it takes a full few seconds for the other one to come on to.
Truck is a 19 big horn 2500, came with halogens, just installed brand new mopar leds a week ago and did the AlfaOBD tune to get them to work properly. Any ideas ?

Last edited:

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 sounds like something you may know
I hope he can help ... was doing the same thing today. I went outside, hit the command start, the drivers side came on instantly, the passenger side was dark for a solid 3 to 4 seconds. Then came on like normal.
Both headlights work fine when driving. Both are on, auto headlights work, no flickering ... just the oddest thing with it and kinda weird

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I hope he can help ... was doing the same thing today. I went outside, hit the command start, the drivers side came on instantly, the passenger side was dark for a solid 3 to 4 seconds. Then came on like normal.
Both headlights work fine when driving. Both are on, auto headlights work, no flickering ... just the oddest thing with it and kinda weird
Im wondering if its the light itsself

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Shouldn’t be ... they’re brand new mopar leds
Lmao brand new means nothing i have had many things come brand new and not work properly or at all dont use brand new to rule that out lol

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
Lmao brand new means nothing i have had many things come brand new and not work properly or at all dont use brand new to rule that out lol
Thats fair ... Ill did try to get a vid of it with my phone this afternoon but stupid leds look like they are blinking on my phone when they were solid on in person. And very very much hoping that someone on this forum can help. Its downright annoying

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
if they work otherwise, I'd agree it may just be a bad light. new or not shyte happens. has happened to me numerous times.

Users who are viewing this thread