Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. W

Why can’t you get a 5” CarPlay screen?

pretty much the title. I have a 19 2500 with a 5”. Non-car play. Wife has a 2020 jeep grand Laredo with the 5” and it has CarPlay. I don’t particularly wanna blow 2K to upgrade to 8”, but I do want car play … so just why do they do them for other models ?
  2. W

2019 and Up HD Factory LED Durablity

I swapped factory halogens to factory LEDs years ago and I’m rough on my truck. Back roads. Trails. Hitting wash doing 100 kmh. Zero issues with my lights.
  3. W

Anyone replace their rockers with weld in sliders/rock rails ?

I put some pretty nasty dents in my truck and now have a fair bit of work ahead of me. I’ve seen lots of rock rails that sit on the outside of the rockers but I have been in more than a few friends trucks that have them and I can’t stand them. The biggest part is kicking my feet out of the truck...
  4. W

Rear window swap from power slider to single piece fixed

If you weren’t in Texas I would have offered to trade you my non slider / defrost for your slider with defrost. Had it on my old truck and miss opening the back window so much !
  5. W

Plastic trim bottom of truck ?

I rhino'd my truck, rockers including the underside to the floorpan. Itll still rust from inside out, but they put it on nice and thick so it should greatly extend the life of my truck before rust is a problem ... Canada here, so crazy salt and beet juice corrosion problems
  6. W

Winter Fronts

I had a 2010 Ram 1500 with the 4.7 way back when and I had winter fronts for it. Made night and day difference. Now I have a 2019 Ram 2500 with the 6.4L and I can confirm that in Winnipeg, MB Canada, even when it hits the lowest temps with windchill (-50 ish), I have had zero issues without a...
  7. W

Fog lights

2019 Big Horn, didnt have fogs ... went with the factory add ons ... Needed switch, bezzels, fogs, wiring. You can use the AlfaOBD to activate or get the dealership to do it for you. Check under Modifications & Accessories, there is a sticky with all the info / part numbers. Its quite easy to do
  8. W

2019 Ram 2500 6.4L Recommended Maintenance Schedule

Anyone have any links to the Mopar Recommended Maintenance Schedule (preferrable in KM)? Seems that different dealerships all have their own suggestions on what to do and when. TY for the help!
  9. W

Manual Latch Tailgate Conversion ?

That is exactly what i was thinking of, except with a standard tailgate ... like a 2010 tailgate on the back of a 2019
  10. W

Truck was fine ... nose up a bit, but aside from the tailgate, took the punishment like a champ
  11. W

And the older tailgates have a different male/female slot on the bottom for disconnecting it
  12. W

We ended up shoveling a bunch of it from beside the tailgate until it finally dropped ... Was rather annoying because in previous trucks it was just drop and go
  13. W

Anyone do a mod to convert the tailgate from the actuators into the old style manual latch/handle? This last weekend had 3 yards of pea gravel in the back of the truck and the bloody tailgate refused to open. I could hear the actuators clicking but it refused to budge. Google says this is a...
  14. W

Ride quality change....

It’s a setting inside the AlfaOBD software or the dealer can do it (if you change wheels from winter to summer they do it)
  15. W

Ride quality change....

I got the AlfaOBD and dropped the pressure settings down to 50 front and back when unloaded. Then air up before adding any weight into the truck. You also need to reset the TPMs after making that adjustment.
  16. W

How to Use Tow Hooks

your brave! ... The parking lot campers are going to be pissed you guys invaded their space
  17. W

What Tire Pressure do you run in the winter?

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate the direction on what you use :)
  18. W

Collapsed Shock Length Non Lifted Truck?

Thank you!!
  19. W

Collapsed Shock Length Non Lifted Truck?

My plan is to do shocks and spings all around and try to change the travel length but not change ride height ... I got some quick disconnects for the front sway bar, so it is just for movement when I am on the backroads ... Unfortunately all the kits that are available are all 1" + lifts and I...