Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. E

Power Wagon Rock Guards

I have AEV rear mud flaps, I did not notice any change in fuel economy after installing them but also didn’t pay much attention. These trucks have so many other factors working against them* that the modest increase in wind area is unlikely to make any noticeable impact on fuel efficiency...
  2. E

Mismatched spare tire?

X %F : 100-X %R I honestly don’t know, it’s just what I’ve read and it makes sense. And On my bike I know I get WAY more rear flats than front flats.
  3. E

Mismatched spare tire?

On road, actually greater odds of a rear flat. Front tire rolls over sharp object that is laying flat and kicks it up, rear tire rolls over it as it’s bouncing and gets punctured Offroad, I think higher odds of rear flat as well, since you pivot around rear tires it might be more likely to...
  4. E

Aftermarket bumpers comparable with 2019+ sensors and factory LED fog lamps.

I swapped my OEM led foglights for diode dynamics elite series sae fog lamps. While the light output might be a bit better (also hard to say since I went with amber) the beam width of the OEM was significantly better, making them function much better as a cornering lamp
  5. E

Aftermarket bumpers comparable with 2019+ sensors and factory LED fog lamps.

Expedition One or AEV are probably your two options. I’m not aware of any others that retain factory fog lamps. https://www.exp-one.com/products/ram-2500-3500-2019/ https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/aev-front-bumper/#select-engine
  6. E

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Added a little friend. 2018 Grand Cherokee Laredo V6, full time 4WD. Not that I really put too many miles on my truck, but I wanted something a more economical and easier to drive for commuting, running errands, etc. In particular the truck is bad in the snow because it only has 2Hi and...
  7. E

2024 RAM 4500 - No Center Console

We had a ford f250 at work that had no center console. I think it was probably originally built for police application (so they could put a radio console in or something) because it was only an f250 srw. Anyways, we fabricated a steel arm rest / console. Not ideal, but better than nothing. You...
  8. E

Front License Plate Bracket Fell Off

Same as others…removed the air dam and just bolted the plate directly. Bent the plate a bit around the bumper so it doesn’t get caught as easily offroad/snow burms
  9. E

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

Op on Reddit said it didn’t throw any codes, just felt a bit “sluggish”
  10. E

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

FWIW i just saw this on Reddit. He had a WIX/NAPA Gold filter with plastic rear cage(rather than the metal mesh), plastic broke and got sucked into the turbo. Mind you, the intake was packed with snow, so it was sucking hard to get air.
  11. E

2023 Power Wagon Rebel - lift kit or leveling kit

The rebel does NOT have the same suspension as the real Power Wagons. Same shocks, maybe. Not the same springs, not the same radius arms, and not the same sway
  12. E

OEM Power Wagon winch in AEV Bumper - Kit now available!

I think it’s only needed if you’re putting lights on the bull bar, which would block the front canners on the grille
  13. E

You have to be quick when they get back in stock, they sell out quick. I agree the price is a very big pill to swallow, especially for power wagon owners, since we already have a winch behind the bumper. But it is the only aftermarket bumper that I think looks decent. I don’t think it...
  14. E

Good news! AEV now has a kit for installing the OEM power wagon winch in the AEV front bumper. I have the rear bumper but wasnt really interested in the front bumper since the OEM winch apparently didnt work before. Only good looking aftermarket bumper, imo. That said, lard jaysus the front...
  15. E

REFERENCE: 2019+ Power Wagon Armor

What’s the advantage of aluminum fuel tank skid plate over the factory steel one? Other than weight but that seems silly to worry about on these trucks lol
  16. E

Arrrgh Tires

I might be a rare case, but I get minor rubbing on full lock with 315/70 R17 Falken Wildpeaks on my 2019. It’s no big deal, and i I try to avoid full lock anyways. Op: I would reconsider the Duratracs. They were a popular tire about 10 years ago but there are better options now. The Duratracs...
  17. E

REFERENCE: 2019+ Power Wagon Armor

good to hear this project is almost ready for prime time. My recommendation would to do a “BTO” (build to order) kit; where the customer selects “Hemi” or “Cummins” kit, and that triggers shipping to pack a “Base” box (the main skid and all common components) plus the Hemi or Cummins kit...
  18. E

Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer

You guys make a good point about not “fixing” the issue by just covering up the root cause. That said the truck has always been a bit jumpy over expansion gaps even when new, it just seems to have gotten more noticeable (could be worn parts…ball joints or steering stabilizer; could be the...
  19. E

Onboard Air

I have the ARB Single. My understanding is the ARB Twin is about 1.5x as fast as the singles (it’s 2x the compressors, but that doesn’t exactly equate to 2x as fast). But the twin has 100% duty cycle, vs the Single which is not (30on/30off)…I’ve never needed to let it rest though/rested the...
  20. E

Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer

Thanks for the feedback. My PW has about 45k miles, so maybe the stock one is getting worn out, but I the steering has a mind of its own if you’re not holding tight going over big bridge expansion gaps on the highway. My understanding is the ATS will be able to reel that in. I don’t really have...