Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Power Wagon winch in AEV Bumper - Kit now available!

el_barto

Reaction score
Good news! AEV now has a kit for installing the OEM power wagon winch in the AEV front bumper. I have the rear bumper but wasnt really interested in the front bumper since the OEM winch apparently didnt work before. Only good looking aftermarket bumper, imo. That said, lard jaysus the front bumper is expensiveo_O

PowerWagon65

Reaction score
This is great news! Wonder if anyone on here has installed the AEV front bumper without the camera relocation kit? Curious if it’s really needed or something I could live without.

Etoimos

Reaction score
I just tried to configure the front bumper on their site and it says the mounting kits are out of stock. And yes, $3k is a lot for a front bumper. Has anyone found out what it does to the approach angle? The write up on the site makes it sound like it actually lowers it while adding weight. For us PW guys, does their bumper really give us anything besides a different look for all that money?

el_barto

Reaction score
I just tried to configure the front bumper on their site and it says the mounting kits are out of stock. And yes, $3k is a lot for a front bumper. Has anyone found out what it does to the approach angle? The write up on the site makes it sound like it actually lowers it while adding weight. For us PW guys, does their bumper really give us anything besides a different look for all that money?
You have to be quick when they get back in stock, they sell out quick.

I agree the price is a very big pill to swallow, especially for power wagon owners, since we already have a winch behind the bumper. But it is the only aftermarket bumper that I think looks decent.

I don’t think it increases approach angle, but the benefit is it shouldn’t crumple up if it kisses terra firma.

I bought the AEV rear bumper as soon as it was available (mid 2021), I had loved the styling ever since they first showed the prototype. It at least adds bed corner protection and integrated recovery pointsIMG_9516.jpeg

el_barto

Reaction score
This is great news! Wonder if anyone on here has installed the AEV front bumper without the camera relocation kit? Curious if it’s really needed or something I could live without.
I think it’s only needed if you’re putting lights on the bull bar, which would block the front canners on the grille

Etoimos

Reaction score
I agree that it is the best looking bumper out there, just not convinced it is worth the cost for me. I do like their rear bumper a lot and will probably get it one of these days. I've got too many expensive hobbies!

Enve46

Reaction score
I agree that it is the best looking bumper out there, just not convinced it is worth the cost for me. I do like their rear bumper a lot and will probably get it one of these days. I've got too many expensive hobbies!
I agree with you on this. There are other things my PW needs those funds for. I would like the flares however, to run 40s.

Users who are viewing this thread