Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Ronstar

Missing tailgate plug

Well….. have no idea what to expect and neither did the dealership. Parts arrived today and although the bedside was different the tail gate plug does fit!! Left bedside with them and put tailgate side in bag with the correct bedside connector. ‍ I can not explain.
  2. Ronstar

Missing tailgate plug

Sorry guys…. I am not trying to be confrontational. Im simply going by what I have been provided by the manufacturer. Dealership advises the bedside has seen some minor changes in design but not the tailgate side. Missing tailgate plug cover “should” work. None of the on ‘on lot’ trucks have...
  3. Ronstar

Missing tailgate plug

I wonder why they would put info in an “owners manual” that doesnt apply to your model year? Its not an option or a part on an upgraded package, I get that. If thats what they are doing then I might as well delete the app……..
  4. Ronstar

Missing tailgate plug

Guess I’m confused….. someone posted on another thread that his ‘23 had that plug so once I saw that video is why I inquired. Service looked at my truck and then that portion of the video and the salesman was told it applied??????
  5. Ronstar

Changing bulbs to LED

Small things like bulbs and other basic maintenance items should be more consumer friendly. Not like I was trying to change an oil pump……..,.
  6. Ronstar

Missing tailgate plug

Guys, all I can tell you is that in the Ram app, under Owners Manual, under Tailgate Removal, there is a video tutorial on how to remove the tailgate. I ASSUME the vehicle being displayed is a 2023 (or parts and procedures apply to 2021/22 etc). Thus I inquired about the tailgate side plug cover...
  7. Ronstar

Changing bulbs to LED

Started with rear high mount cargo and brake light. Three 921 LED bulbs easy peasy. Moved to interior, just wanted the dome and overhead console lights changed to Led as everything else is acceptable. Dome (578 bulb) easy peasy but had to squeeze the metal clips hard together to get the slop...
  8. Ronstar

Best seat covers for dogs

I put the Duluth Trading “mud room” covers in the back. No complaints.
  9. Ronstar

Missing tailgate plug

I took this to parts dept who looked it up, their pic on the screen shows the missing part (center piece in my above post). I have the rectangular plug that attached at the base of the bed, I did not get the smaller square plug that attaches to wiring still on the tailgate as you would walk away...
  10. Ronstar

How do you prevent thieves from stealing your new truck?

Note to self, dont travel to Houston….. Serious topic to consider. If fuel relay fuse or any other fuse were removed would that not pop up a code? If serious about taking the truck it seems it would be only a minute or two to read the code snd replace the fuse. Like mentioned earlier its...
  11. Ronstar

Missing tailgate plug

Late to the Party! Thank you for that part number, Bingo! Took that to the dealership parts manager who looked it up and both parts are clearly shown indicating the small piece indeed is supposed to be part of the package. My salesman and the Service manager had never seen the tailgate side...
  12. Ronstar

My 2023 Lonestar is on the farm!

The service tech crawled under the truck to retrieve the cord and discovered the cord and the “heater connection” were both missing. Im not aware of precisely what he was talking about but he did say both of theses parts shown will be installed here.
  13. Ronstar

Missing tailgate plug

In the Ram app under Owners Manual there is a short video on Tailgate Removal. I took these screen shots to show the missing item. In the one photo it is the middle piece….
  14. Ronstar

Yes, there is another plug/cap shown on the video clearly. It slips over the plug that they recommend you duct tape to the tailgate to help stop corrosion if stored. Winter front included but the entire block heater and cord missing. Dealer is installing……
  15. Ronstar

Missing tailgate plug

I have a brand new 2023 2500 diesel. In watching the tutorial videos on the Ram app about various aspects of ownership I discovered after watching how to remove the tailgate that I was missing a piece. I have the part that attaches to the bedside port where the tailgate wiring gets attached but...
  16. Ronstar

Power Convex Mirror Fault

Mine works just fine….
  17. Ronstar

Received my truck April 20th! Not bad since ordered 12/10/22….. So far 600 miles getting her broke in and getting acquainted, love this beast!!! So far two small “whoops” to report. I had ordered the Cold Weather package and discovered no electric cord so took it back to the dealer. Service...
  18. Ronstar

Tow/haul or not tow/haul that is the question

Newbie question….. I have an 01 with the 5sp manual. I generally leave it in 4th around 60 mph which results in +\- 2200 rpm. Unless steep grade it stays right at 55-65 depending on the road/curves etc. Reading all the above no one mentions rpm so what optimum should I be looking at with my...
  19. Ronstar

Close Your Tailgate....Or Else :(

Could bd nice to have an insecure tailgate sensor…… no chime just a light.
  20. Ronstar

ZD4 Customer Satisfaction Notice - DEF Dosing Update

Newbie here….. I have an ‘01 so no DEF. Getting the ‘23 soon (its here and I expect to have it early next week) so DEF is a whole new wrinkle to develop. I ordered the ColdWeather package and its parked in an unheated shop in the winter. We can and do get temps as low as -10 to -20 but usually...