Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. steve49

CP4 Changes - additives discussion

I've been using Stanadyne Performance Formula (8oz bottle-30gal treatment) in my 14 EcoDiesel and now my 19 Ram CTD, but I've always been skeptical if adding 8oz to 31 gal or 3,968 oz of diesel fuel, had any real effect at all! One of the things we've read on the forums is that the government...
  2. steve49

Too much chrome?

Well I'm an old fella! :)
  3. steve49

Too much chrome?

I have the painted bumpers and trim around the grill and it look good also, but doesn't take long to get stone chips, the chrome holds up better! Been thinking of switching over to the chrome, but it is expensive to do if buying new parts!
  4. steve49

Oil Change Ramps

No Mrs. to deal with, and no more spending on those type of mods, leaving it stock! I do have several hoists available at a friend shop, but its 18-20 miles away, and I'm welcome to use it anytime. He just retired and has everything needed for any job! It's not hard to do at home in the...
  5. steve49

Oil Change Ramps

Any recommendations on a good quality ramp for doing oil changes on my 2500 CTD? With the ground clearance I can get under it, but would be nice to have a little more height to work in. I have ramps (4) seen in the photo, but there pretty old and the paper tags are worn off, so have no idea...
  6. steve49

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I took the front filter drain hose off and replaced it with a longer hose, so it didn't run all over the frame/front diff. I use a hose on the rear filter and let it drain till it stops, remove hose, shut off valve and break houseing loose, then slip a gallon ziplock bag up around the filter...
  7. steve49

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

The BCM has nothing to do with the drive tran system ECM/TCM, and didnt effect any of my settings. I wouldn't say anything to the dealer at all, who knows how they might react to you getting into the vehicle system and making changes?
  8. steve49

Shifter lever was loose reverse is reverse natural is reverse

You've been dealing with this for a month and can't figure it out, take it to a dealer and get it fixed!
  9. steve49

Cummins caught emissions cheating - fined 1.67 billion mega thread.

Thats exactly what it is, their being punished for not advising the EPA and CARB that they had made program modifications, even though the modiifcations remained with the EPA/CARB paramiters. So basically the EPA and CARB say you can make necessary modifcation that remain within parameters...
  10. steve49

Shifter lever was loose reverse is reverse natural is reverse

If it's just the shift lever itself, pull the rubber boot out and slide uo the handle, there is a bolt that tightens the handle in the correct position. If it is loose back out some and add a little blue loctite, otherwise if not the bolt I don't know.
  11. steve49

DEF Capacity - Gauge

If you live in an area with freezing winter temps, I wouldn't fill it full since DEF can freeze!
  12. steve49

In Fridays news release from Cummins they state: "Cummins disclosed a review of these matters when it began in 2019 and has regularly updated its disclosures as that review progressed. The company has already recalled model year 2019 RAM 2500 and 3500 trucks and has initiated a recall of model...
  13. steve49

I believe your correct, software is also considered as a defeat device means of altering. With the EcoDiesel scandel if I recall correctly, the issue was the factory software was turning off the EGR when the engine was under load, climbing a long hill or heavy towing etc. Since software...
  14. steve49

Very well may be! I went through the EcoDiesel emisson scandel with my 2014, it ran fine beforehand and after the recall, and they refunded me $3200. Some complained of issues afterwards, but I didn't notice a difference! We'll just have to see how it plays out!
  15. steve49

If they've been updating the emissions as this was all unfolding early on since 2019, my 19 had the VB6 Diesel Engine Emissons Calibration recall done in February 2020 before I bought it. If thats the recall my truck has run great and getting approximately 19-22 mpg. It's had five recalls...
  16. steve49

Just a guess as Jay P suggests, not released yet. I checked my 2019 recalls and the only thing I saw was the VB6 Emissions Diesel Engine Calibration recall was done in early 2020 when the dealer still had it. Guess will find out!
  17. steve49

Probably a new recall to deal with! :(
  18. steve49

Towing mirror to single glass

You might contact Boost Auto, they advertise customizable mirrors. https://boostautoparts.com/collections/dodge-tow-mirrors
  19. steve49

Towing mirror to single glass

If I read your post correctlly you want to do away with the spot mirror and the regular bigger mirror, and just have one single larger mirror? If so that SUMA mirro just replaces the larger mirror not both.
  20. steve49

Possible battery issue

My batteries went out around the 3 1/2 year mark, 38k miles. Went to start the truck, dash lit up, a click and nothing. Checked with my battery load tester and both showed just above 12 volt, but when I applied the load test the drivers side dropped to 11+ volts with the passenger side...