Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing mirror to single glass

kristof

Reaction score
Is there a way to replace the two piece mirror to a single glass tow mirror? I tired really hard to use them in horizontal position but I just can't. Not sure if something wrong with my eyes or I have them set up wrong...I just don't like it. Have numerous situations where I almost hit someone trying to change a lane.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
I and some guys did this..seem to be mostly sold out depending on feature.
Definitely a huge improvement, afaic. YMMV

kristof

Reaction score
I and some guys did this..seem to be mostly sold out depending on feature.
Definitely a huge improvement, afaic. YMMV

Do you actually got it or did you pre-order? Just want to make sure this is not some scamming website

Khsgt

Reaction score
Do you actually got it or did you pre-order? Just want to make sure this is not some scamming website
I was in the initial pre order round for these mirrors, and received them after quite a wait. They are a MASSIVE upgrade and improvement. Well worth the time/trouble.

steve49

Reaction score
If I read your post correctlly you want to do away with the spot mirror and the regular bigger mirror, and just have one single larger mirror? If so that SUMA mirro just replaces the larger mirror not both.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
I did preorder and got mine. One of the guys here arranged a run of them conditional on a number of preorders.
Not sure what the status of future production is, site says one particularly optioned in stock. If that would be your glass, I wouldn’t hesitate to order. If you need other option, not sure if I would preorder considering how long it took to get my glass.
Yes…it only replaces the large glass and made the mirror more than satisfactory IMO.

Dave01

Reaction score
I don't like horizontal either. Do you not like to rotate them vertical, which is much more functional for towing?

I do like the idea of that convex main glass, am going to consider ordering a set.

kristof

Reaction score
If I read your post correctlly you want to do away with the spot mirror and the regular bigger mirror, and just have one single larger mirror? If so that SUMA mirro just replaces the larger mirror not both.
Yes that's correct. I would like to get rid off two pieces and have one piece of glass only

kristof

Reaction score
I don't like horizontal either. Do you not like to rotate them vertical, which is much more functional for towing?

I do like the idea of that convex main glass, am going to consider ordering a set.
I run them in vertical position right now but would like to run them that way only when I tow. And I don't tow a lot.

Dave01

Reaction score
I run them in vertical position right now but would like to run them that way only when I tow. And I don't tow a lot.
I guess I find them ok for non-towing, like I said I'll consider the convex replacement for the large lens. I agree I don't want them rotated when non towing. I get enough use of the smaller convex mirror that I wouldn't want to be without it, I adjust the small mirrors much differently than the main ones and use them quite a bit.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Man I would’ve given y’all my regular mirrors. I loved them but I couldn’t see around my enclosed trailer when I got it.

Now I have the moose mirrors and they’re not useful folded down and the convex part is manual adjust so I leave them up all the time even not towing. that’s really the way to go, I can see everything. I now understand why people run them like that.

Dave01

Reaction score
Both my main and my convex are electric adjustable, which is a nice feature. Even better, if I save the settings to Driver 1 along with my other settings for seat etc., not only does it save the mirror configurations, it saves them in both positions. So if I fold out the mirrors to vertical and hit Driver 1 they adjust to what I set for vertical, same when back to horizontal. I realize it's not rocket science but thought it was really cool that they set it up to save both configurations.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Both my main and my convex are electric adjustable, which is a nice feature. Even better, if I save the settings to Driver 1 along with my other settings for seat etc., not only does it save the mirror configurations, it saves them in both positions. So if I fold out the mirrors to vertical and hit Driver 1 they adjust to what I set for vertical, same when back to horizontal. I realize it's not rocket science but thought it was really cool that they set it up to save both configurations.
Man, that’s a nice feature. I really appreciate some of the stuff they cram into a higher end trim level.

kristof

Reaction score
I think I will just fabricate some kind of cover to cover the concaved piece while I use them in horizontal mode

Users who are viewing this thread