Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. 20Limited3500

question about DPF

Sorry, just got back to this. As stated, it depends on what state and if it is under the "California Emission Warranty". I am in Washington state, so thankfully mine was covered. One of the few good things these days being in Washington state. Even with the Federal at 5/50, I would think the...
  2. 20Limited3500

question about DPF

I just went through this with my '20. Got the Exhaust Filter full message with P242F code at just under 46K miles last month. 10k since I had Y78 recall done. Got it into dealer 2 weeks later and they determined DPF was faulty and needed replaced. Thankfully it was still under the 7/70 emissions...
  3. 20Limited3500

Service DEF message?

You are correct. I honestly thought that it said DPF and not DEF. My bad.
  4. 20Limited3500

Service DEF message?

Well, I had the Exhaust Filter Full Power Reduced See Dealer message pop up last month on Nov 12th. Truck has just under 46K miles, 10K since Y78 recall was completed. I drove it home and parked it. Checked codes and had P242F for Ash Accumulation. Attempted to reset it and couldn't clear it...
  5. 20Limited3500

AlfaOBD

@Jimmy07 Is this something that can be changed on a 2020 Limited 3500 for the heated steering wheel? Would be nice to have different temps for that.
  6. 20Limited3500

Windshield replacement recommendations wanted.

Wish I had seen this before getting mine replaced. Safelite did use OEM glass, but they screwed up the lane departure part when they attempted to re-calibrate it. What is weird is that it almost never works on the freeway now. But on rural roads, where the lines aren't as wide as major roads, it...
  7. 20Limited3500

Switch Column Shifter

Finally got around to looking into my shifter being loose. Took at least 1 full turn on the bolt to get it tight again with a 10mm ratcheting wrench. No longer sloppy.
  8. 20Limited3500

Switch Column Shifter

@Brutal_HO Did yours come loose? I only ask because after getting my clock spring replaced to fix heated steering wheel intermittent operation, I feel like my shift lever is very sloppy now. I don't drive my truck everyday since getting a commuter last year. But I don't remember it being so sloppy.
  9. 20Limited3500

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Just had this boost connector replaced under warranty. It is because of this site, I read this could be an issue. I decided to look at mine just in case. My alternator cable was rubbing on this boost connector from the turbo to inter cooler tube. While it hadn't busted through, the area was very...
  10. 20Limited3500

Heated steering wheel issue

If this has the potential of affecting air bag deployment if turned just right, at what point would this be considered a safety issue and invoke recall? Seems like a lot of back orders. Granted, not like the HPFP fiasco. I know my heated steering has issues if I perform a remote start with...
  11. 20Limited3500

Done a couple small things

Found your post. Thank you for the detailed pics.
  12. 20Limited3500

Done a couple small things

How bright are the grille lights? Looks good. How much fab did you have to do to make them fit the HD grille?
  13. 20Limited3500

cell phone mount

Another happy Bulletpoint owner. Even put one in my commuter.
  14. 20Limited3500

Heated steering wheel issue

Mine has done this since last fall. When it was in for Y78 recall last month, I had them look at it. It actually happened to them and they got a code they said. They determined is was a control module for the steering wheel heater and have it placed on order. Was told it is on back order at this...
  15. 20Limited3500

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Finally got mine back. Had them also do the tailgate recall, check driver's window chatter (bad plate inside the door, replaced), intermittent heated steering wheel issue (part on order) and low coolant message on startup (coolant tank ordered, sensor integrated in tank). Truck isn't my daily...
  16. 20Limited3500

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Finally got the call I've been waiting for since last summer. Parts are in and I was next on the list. Dropping it off tomorrow after work for them to have it first thing in the morning on Friday. :D
  17. 20Limited3500

Post Pics of your 2019+ 2500 or 3500!

Sweet ride. I want something similar but in a 5500 Limited with CMT flatbed setup from Stable Camper. https://www.stablecamper.com/truck-beds
  18. 20Limited3500

@blbrown where did you finally find a place to get it in to get changed out? I haven't had much luck in the Tacoma area, just long wait lists.
  19. 20Limited3500

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

Totally missed it is a gasser. Disregard my previous statement.