Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Alligator John

Reaction score
I’ve gotten to the point where I’ve stopped supporting vendors that use USPS or I’ll pay extra to avoid them. I’ve noticed the last few years that they’ve been total garbage doing stuff like that or delivering packages anywhere but my mailbox/address.
My retirement gig is an antique/mercantile dealer so I am very familiar with Ebay. If I had it to do over again, I would have bought this bar from a Putco dealer there instead of direct from Putco. And I have done that with other stuff for the truck too recently. Ebay always sides with the buyer for items damaged in shipping and would have auto generated a prepaid shipping label for the return and then the refund without me having to go through the warranty claim BS.

Alligator John

Reaction score
That sucks - interested once you do get the replacement and installed, how much brighter it is. Not sure what 600k white light equates to in lumens, but the ones @44Dan44 has are 8000 lumens for the pair.
To answer your question I looked it up on the website, The 6000K is the light color 6000K "Cool White" and the reverse aspect is "pushing" 3000 lumens. It has red running/brake, amber turn, and white reverse leds. Over 1700 tiny leds total. So again, reverse lighting is not it's main purpose.

scrmblr2

Reaction score
Did my first tow! My old 99 7.3 Ford is literally laughable in comparison to my new Ram. It was like the trailer wasn’t even there. It was also much more stable just using a ball compared to the weight distribution I used to have to run and was still much more stable. I guess there is something to be said for new technology and a dually. Oh, the damn exhaust brake is killer as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0215.jpeg
    IMG_0215.jpeg
    407.9 KB · Views: 59

20Limited3500

Reaction score
I took note of others reports of the PS cable that comes off the battery and goes to the alternator rubbing on the intercooler boot and eventually wearing through. I took a few mins to re-route mine. I had the beginning of wear through at 19k miles, I’m sure by 40k it would of been a boost leak. My advice to others is to take care of this before it becomes a issue for you.View attachment 54435

View attachment 54436

Just had this boost connector replaced under warranty. It is because of this site, I read this could be an issue. I decided to look at mine just in case. My alternator cable was rubbing on this boost connector from the turbo to inter cooler tube. While it hadn't busted through, the area was very worn and felt soft to the touch, like it was about to break through. Dealer said there is a TSB on this. I will look at my receipt and see if it states what it is. Definitely something to look at if you are under the hood for something else.

2001WS6

Reaction score
Had the Monster Ram installed.

LdQtoYT.jpg

PGHChris81

Reaction score

mountainears

Reaction score
Took about a year but I finally got around to installing the 360 surround cameras and the tow mirror camera on my horse trailer. Installed another tow mirror camera on my dump trailer a few months back but the horse trailer got all the cameras. That was a bit of work but it’s nice.

I need to check the tow mirror camera compared to the one on my dump trailer. Seems more zoomed in but I don’t use it a ton so I need to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redfour5

Reaction score
Bedrug came in while I was out of town... I really like the product, but fit/finish isn't anything like the first one I bought back in 2005.

The one I got for the 2019 1500 was cut too short along sidewalls and there were gaps at the tailgate between the floor piece and the sides...now this one is cut too tall and still has the same gaps..SMDH.
Anyway, haven't velcro'd it in yet...waiting for some adhesion promoter to show up... cheaper to buy by the box.

View attachment 4707
My deck repair job would have likely ripped that thing out with around 30 2X8's and 6"s. I had a spray in job done, matching the billet silver and it does well. But, IMHO, the OEM spray job is the best, but didn't come on this one off the lot.

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
I got my AEV ProCal and love it. It was easy and straightforward to install. I adjusted my speedometer for my new 37's and got the TPMS system adjusted. It's silly how nice it felt to adjust that and not see the darn TPMS light!

Alligator John

Reaction score
The wife saw a truck with a tailgate light bar going down the road and wanted me to look into it. I looked them up and liked the idea of extra light output in reverse. So ordered some bling. 60 inch Putco plug and play tailgate light bar. Unfortunately Putco just ships these by slapping a label on the box and USPS tried to fold it in half. Putco is making me go through the warranty process which is odd since it is a shipping issue. Not that it matters. Truck is 105 days since built and still waiting to be shipped. The replacement I am sure will get here before the truck no matter how long it takes Putco to process the warranty claim.

Replacement tailgate light arrived. I think the new truck may be cursed. I also suspect someone at usps is doing this out of meanness.

Attachments

• 20230607_144420.jpg
    20230607_144420.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 68

44Dan44

Reaction score

Alligator John

Reaction score
I ordered a console safe for my new Power Wagon having the console and bucket seats. I went with Lcok'er Down's EXxtreme safe with the electronic lock. The most expensive of them all. As they say, Can't take it with you. My eyes are not the greatest up close so I need that electronic lock with the big numbers. Since I researched what was available out there, I thought it might help someone if I post that short list of what I found before I delete it off my pc. None are fort knox, but should at least stop a smash and grab from getting my pistol out of it when traveling and entering places I can't carry it. These were the only options I found, or at least up to the point I ordered mine. I did not look at the ones for the bench seat or for the floor boxes. I do know there are more companies than this making ones for the floor boxes, but sorry, did not save them when I did my search.

The regular one was $329, a thicker one $369, and there was an option that fit the Limited and Longhorn models that were shallower. Price went up depending on lock choice.
Also note I called them to see if any coupon promotions would be coming up like with the 4th. They said no and they were so busy backed up on orders to expect over a month before it ships.

Looks like the only lock option was a key and you can't remove the key or slide the console tray without locking it first. $199. It is only a locking lid basically. Not a full box you insert.

Mopar offers a console safe. It is the same one made by Tuffy, but with a recessed handle in the lid. Part Number: 82215519AC $246

$299, with some add on mechanical 3, 4, or larger dial lock options. I almost went with this one with the larger numbered combination lock.

There are some chinese copies that look a lot like the consolevault on ebay dirt cheap, but I only saw ones that fit the older Rams. It is only a matter of time before they copy the others.

Hope that helps someone.

NHOverland

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread