Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. dmhines

Blind Spot Warning Tone randomly silent.

Anyone else have issue where your blind spot warning tone is working fine and then goes silent? Seems after driving for a while the tone does not work by my radio does go very quiet at the moment the tone should be sounding.
  2. dmhines

Premium overhead console swap issues - help ?

I wanted to add a tailgate button to my Truck so purchased a Premium Overhead console. My tradesan had the LIN BUS harness installed since it had the Uconnect Services buttons. Here is what works: Interior LIghts come on when Door Opens Map lights go on/off on when buttons pushed. TailGate...
  3. dmhines

Tire Pressure temporarliy Unavailable issue

Got a new issue last night driving home. Tire Pressure Temporarily Unavailable which makes no sense since the pressures do show at startup and shutdown. Google searches show its been a somewhat common issue over the years with no documented resolution that I have seen .. except it goes away or...
  4. dmhines

Adding lower instrument panel drawer

Easy swap. Replaced lower storage cubby with drawer. This drawer came out of a late model 1500 - they are identical to HD drawers. I trimmed the original close out bezel until I get the correct one The correct bezel has an opening for the unlatch button.
  5. dmhines

Cannot Charge iPHone 15 from USB port in Center Armrest

My Tradesman has a USB-A port in the center armrest. USB-A to Lightning was able to charge my Iphone 12 no problem. I bought two different brand USB-A to USB-C cables and they will not charge from this USB-A port in the center console. The cables do work from the USB-A ports on the Dash...
  6. dmhines

2023 Trailer Light Check - does yours work ? Mine doesn't

I rented a car transport last week to trailer a car from Georgia to Florida. I tried to get the Trailer LIght Test to work and I could not. It is definetly listed on my build sheet and there is an option on the Unconnect APPS screen under Trailer to start the light test. However .. it does...
  7. dmhines

Delete

Delete
  8. dmhines

Rear Locker in 2WD ? Yup - it works ...

I was watching a YouTube video with a review of a the HD Rebel and the YouTuber was showing how they could lock the rear differential in 2WD. I was jealous because I thought the lockers only worked in 4WD on the PW .. Of course I had to go try it to my surprise the rear locked in 2WD...
  9. dmhines

Got my custom license plate.

Florida has a bunch of plates to choose from when registering your vehicle. I picked this one.
  10. dmhines

2nd Row Storage Bins and Rubber Floor Covering

I see some of the GEN 4.5 Power Wagons had rubber floor covering. Does anyone know if you opted for Rubber Floor coverings .. did the truck get the in floor 2nd row storage? I am trying to find a part number (if it exists) for GEN 4.5 Rubber flooring with the Cubbie cutouts in the 2nd row...
  11. dmhines

How to add a Load Floor to an HD Tradesman

Quick video of how to add the load floor to your Tradesman ...
  12. dmhines

Left turn signal activates high beams. 2023 2500

Started having this issue today. Another forum reporting it also by some new 2023 owners. 2 symptoms. Left turn signal sometimes activates high beam. Pushing lever forward disables high beam and when blinker goes off high beam comes on again until lever pulled back. Flash to pass...
  13. dmhines

TRX 1500 Red Start Button - no lights in HD trucks

I installed the Red TRX start button in my 2500. In the HD trucks the OFF/ACC/RUN lights do not function. The wiring harness is the same as it plugs right in and and it functions just like the HD button for controlling start/stop/accessory. Perhaps somebody with wiring info or CANBUS info...
  14. dmhines

RAM raises HD prices again ..

Looks like all models base configurations went up about $1,000 ... options package prices remained same.
  15. dmhines

Does the RAM builder website suck for you too?

it seems that anytime I go onto RAM truck builder website and start adding options .. the pictures hang and disappear and never work ... So you can add the options to see the price most of the time .. but the pictures never update to reflect the options and then finally just disappear. .. Is...
  16. dmhines

Low Volume Color wait times ... who has waited?

I ordered my 2023 with a Low Volume Color ... anyone who has ordered a Low Volume color previously .. how long was your wait ? I read somewhere that if they never get 10 orders for your color .. it will be produced that last week of assembly for the model year. I emailed Ram customer care...
  17. dmhines

2023 2500 INFO now on RAMTRUCKS.COM

There is now a TAB for 2023 RAM 2500 .. there is no BUILD capability yet. What I do noticed is that BLIND SPOT and REAR CROSS PATH DETECTION is not listed for 2023 2500's under Safety... This should be available as per the 2023 order guide and my 2023 2500 order was accepted with this...