Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Left turn signal activates high beams. 2023 2500

dmhines

Reaction score
Started having this issue today. Another forum reporting it also by some new 2023 owners.

2 symptoms.

Left turn signal sometimes activates high beam. Pushing lever forward disables high beam and when blinker goes off high beam comes on again until lever pulled back.

Flash to pass activates lane change on left signal so left signal flashes 3 times after high beam flash to pass.

It does not always happen and just started today.

Anyone else seeing this issue on 2023’s?

flan

Reaction score
First I’ve heard. Hopefully it’s just a issue with the stalk and not some deep wiring problem. 23s seem to have been so far otherwise eh?

dmhines

Reaction score
First I’ve heard. Hopefully it’s just a issue with the stalk and not some deep wiring problem. 23s seem to have been so far otherwise eh?
I know 2023 is now using the 5th GEN steering wheel .. and I assume 5th Gen Stalk ... so perhaps something not playing nice with the HD modules .. or maybe Mexico got a bad batch of stalks ..

Bb23EP

Reaction score
I bought a 2023 2500 Big Horn 6.7 this week. Drove it at night for the first time tonight and same thing. Signaling for a left turn, HBs come on. Stop with left signal on, complete turn and HBs come on. 300 miles on the truck

dmhines

Reaction score
I bought a 2023 2500 Big Horn 6.7 this week. Drove it at night for the first time tonight and same thing. Signaling for a left turn, HBs come on. Stop with left signal on, complete turn and HBs come on. 300 miles on the truck
Was it raining ? Not 100% sure but mine seems to do it more if truck is wet from rain.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you getting the high beam indicator on the dash when this happens?

Bb23EP

Reaction score
Yes. And it’s not consistent. Here is video I took.
Had to turn off the daytime running lights to avoid flashing people during the day as well. Now that I’m aware of it, stopped at a red light, with left signal on and got a “WTF” from a car in front of me

dmhines

Reaction score
Had to turn off the daytime running lights to avoid flashing people during the day as well. Now that I’m aware of it, stopped at a red light, with left signal on and got a “WTF” from a car in front of me
Are you saying turning off DRL stopped the issue ? I think I tried that but didn’t change anything.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see how DRL’s would affect the issue. It appears to be a stalk issue.

Bb23EP

Reaction score
Are you saying turning off DRL stopped the issue ? I think I tried that but didn’t change anything.
And I turned auto lamp off. Essentially turning off all headlight “power” to LBs. How I figure, if there’s no power to the low beams, auto lamp or DRL, HBs can’t be activated in daylight. I’ll have to buy some nightvision goggles to drive when the sun goes down

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
And I turned auto lamp off. Essentially turning off all headlight “power” to LBs. How I figure, if there’s no power to the low beams, auto lamp or DRL, HBs can’t be activated in daylight. I’ll have to buy some nightvision goggles to drive when the sun goes down

Not true, if you hit the “flash to pass” on the stall the HB’s light up irregardless of what setting the LB’s are in.

This is likely what’s happening and why it’s a stalk issue.

dmhines

Reaction score
Yes. The issue is directional is activating flash to pass and visa versa. I was going to disable flash to pass in Alfaodb but it’s not configurable.

dmhines

Reaction score
Not so easy to replace the stalk .. looks like steering wheel gets pulled and entire assembly needs to get replaced. e61ab434c737d5f108173a7a490bb1f5.png

dherron321

Reaction score
Started having this issue today. Another forum reporting it also by some new 2023 owners.

2 symptoms.

Left turn signal sometimes activates high beam. Pushing lever forward disables high beam and when blinker goes off high beam comes on again until lever pulled back.

Flash to pass activates lane change on left signal so left signal flashes 3 times after high beam flash to pass.

It does not always happen and just started today.

Anyone else seeing this issue on 2023’s?
Yes, exact same issue on a 2023 ram 2500 Cummins 2500 miles on it dealer ordered a new turn signal stock but it won’t be here for a month. Not sure if that’s even the problem I’m hoping so.

dmhines

Reaction score
Yes, exact same issue on a 2023 ram 2500 Cummins 2500 miles on it dealer ordered a new turn signal stock but it won’t be here for a month. Not sure if that’s even the problem I’m hoping so.
Did they have any sort of service bulletin about it? Or did they just figure that must be issue and ordered one ??

dherron321

Reaction score
Did they have any sort of service bulletin about it? Or did they just figure that must be issue and ordered one ??
Dealer said had not heard or seen that before and are making a guess at this point

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Its really the only thing i can see causing the issue

Users who are viewing this thread