Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Speedracer93CobraR

Going from 35/12.5/20 to 37/11.5/20. Thoughts?

I have a 2020 RAM 2500 with a leveled front end. I currently have 35/12.5/20 Nittos on the factory "night edition" wheels. I am thinking about going to 37/11.5/20 tires. Thoughts?
  2. Speedracer93CobraR

Cold Weather - LED Headlights - Snow/Ice buildup - What do you do?

I love my LED headlights because they are bright and clear. Some oncoming traffic does not because I get flashed more in this truck on dim that any vehicle I have ever had. I sympathize with those folks because I know what it's like meeting trucks with bright lights. BUT, that is not the...
  3. Speedracer93CobraR

Resonator Removal on 6.4 Hemi - Anyone here done it?

Curious if anyone has removed the resonator on a 6.4 Hemi. I would like a little better sound, but really don't want any drone in the cab. I am thinking about the large one beside/behind the rear tire. Has anyone done it and what was the result?
  4. Speedracer93CobraR

Bilstein 5160 Shocks. Should I or shouldn't I? Any input?

I am thinking about getting Bilstein 5160 shocks with reservoir to replace the factory setup on my 2020 2500. I only have 20,000 miles and it seems a little crazy to think about replacing shocks, BUT I finally met someone who had a set (sort of) in person and he told me there was noticeable...
  5. Speedracer93CobraR

OEM Tires on a 2021 5500

Our 5500 4wd just arrived and I am disappointed to see that it is wearing Hankook tires. Has RAM changed what they are putting on from the factory? My earlier model 5500's have come with Continental HSR's and they are great. My 2020 has 50,000 miles on it and it looks like I can get another...
  6. Speedracer93CobraR

Electric over Hydraulic Trailer Brake Controller Compatibility on 2020 and up Ram Truck

We have an enclosed trailer with electric over hydraulic brakes. It is the only one in our fleet with this setup. We are having some issues with this setup on our RAM with integrated trailer brake controller. Has anyone ever had issues and tried something like this...
  7. Speedracer93CobraR

Ordered a new 5500 - 84"CA today...

One more RAM will be on the road soon; well, maybe not soon... I hope the delay is not too long as I ordered this truck since they don't really stock 5500's the way we like them. 4x4 SLT so chrome grille and bumper, Granite Crystal, Aluminum wheels, 8.4" screen, Leather wrapped steering wheel...
  8. Speedracer93CobraR

Kind of a silly / small safety warning

This is kind of a small thing, but I thought I would post about it anyway. It relates to the retractable door that covers the pocket area in the dash in front of the passenger seat. The way that the plastic is molded, it appears there is a seam in the tooling that creates a very fine sharp edge...
  9. Speedracer93CobraR

ECO mode / Cylinder De-activation / MDS - How Do I Turn It OFF

I really don't like the MDS/cylinder de-activation on my 2020 RAM 2500. It was more tolerable on my GMC 1500, but I notice it a lot more in my 2500 Hemi and do NOT like it. I have a friend who is a shop owner and has "HP Tuners", but was unable to do anything on my truck. He said after...
  10. Speedracer93CobraR

Bull Bar / Light Bar

Sleekster appears to have a pretty good looking light bar setup. This one can mount the 4 round lights or a bar. Has anyone had any experience with this specific part or have one you like?
  11. Speedracer93CobraR

Front winch setup

I kind of like this front bumper winch mount set up. It has integrated lights and integrates fairly well. Has anyone seen this for the 2019 and ups?
  12. Speedracer93CobraR

Bed Sealing Question

Didn't realize how badly sealed the tailgate area is on my 2019 until recently. I have a bed cover and the water seal seems good, however dust comes in badly. I drove on farmland and gravel roads that were dusty. When I got back and opened my bed, it appears I brought half a 40 acre field...
  13. Speedracer93CobraR

Guess I need an offset ball...

Well, I hooked up one of our cargo trailers today for the first time and found out I should have bought a long bed. The trailer will not clear the cab. This is close, but not touching in the picture. If I roll forward any more; it will be into the glass and cab. Is there an offset goose...
  14. Speedracer93CobraR

Interior Bed Side Tool Boxes

I saw this bed side tool box last night for the first time. It appears to be a factory GM item. Have you guys seen anything like this available for our Ram trucks. I know there is the Ram Box, but I made a mistake and bought a truck without that option so there's no going back for me. I...
  15. Speedracer93CobraR

Backseat Covers - Recommendations - For my dog

I need a cover for my backseat so my dog doesn't wear my seat out when she's riding with me. I bought a generic model at the local Wally World and it's junk. Do you guys have any recommendations for a good seat cover that will stay in place and protect my seat when my 50 pound Weimaraner is...
  16. Speedracer93CobraR

Mud Flaps - Do you have 'em? Have you used 'em? What do you recommend?

Time to start thinking about hunting season. I will be driving down gravel and mud during hunting season. I'm counting on the 35x12.5 Nittos throwing a lot more up on the truck than the factory would have since they are wider and outside of the fenders a little. I am thinking I may try to use...