Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resonator Removal on 6.4 Hemi - Anyone here done it?

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has removed the resonator on a 6.4 Hemi. I would like a little better sound, but really don't want any drone in the cab.
I am thinking about the large one beside/behind the rear tire.
Has anyone done it and what was the result?

whitexc

Reaction score
It's ugly. I would like to lose it and have a nice tailpipe just because. I dislike the angle the tailpipe is on. Why can't we get the Cummins tail?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I did it and dont regret it. Details in my build thread.
A little louder at idle. You can hear the motor when you are on the gas. Nice and quiet at cruise, no drone, looks 1000 times better.
I also fixed the ugly pipe hanging out the side as well.

And FYI, it's a 3 1/2" pipe.

Last edited:

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
I did it and dont regret it. Details in my build thread.
A little louder at idle. You can hear the motor when you are on the gas. Nice and quiet at cruise, no drone, looks 1000 times better.
I also fixed the ugly pipe hanging out the side as well.

And FYI, it's a 3 1/2" pipe.
Where is this build thread you speak of?

Bamaprof

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has removed the resonator on a 6.4 Hemi. I would like a little better sound, but really don't want any drone in the cab.
Yep. And ran duals out the back. Much more ground clearance and great sound

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
I went ahead and removed mine. The sound difference is minimal. There is no noticeable difference in the cab. It sounds a little healthier on the outside if you are on the corner where the exhaust pipe comes out, but I am really finding myself wondering why RAM even puts it on these trucks.

MCRDS-18

Reaction score
I to
I had mine removed at around 2500 miles the angle the tail pipe was with resonator on would clog up with mud then it sounded like it had a exhaust leak in fact the first time it done it i thought it was till I walked around truck and seen it clogged took to muffler shop he charged 70.00 cut it out added a 3.5” pipe and tucked it up closer to truck bed problem solved and sounds and looks better

woody284

Reaction score
I did mine with no ill effects and re angled the tip up towards the body more.

Users who are viewing this thread