Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. TinGoatTravelers

Towing with new 6.4L

Yeah - if you’re going 15 miles to a permanent campground - don’t waste the money. You’re also correct - it’s less about weight distribution than sway control. When traveling with a trailer, there are lots of things in your control to avoid sway - loading it properly, proper tire inflation...
  2. TinGoatTravelers

Rear Seat Area Dog Protection

I got one from 4Knines and it’s held up really well. I also got the seat belt attachment that allows you to connect his harness to the seatbelt buckle on the bench. Plenty of room to move around but he won’t become a projectile if the worst happens. Very happy with the product and the way the...
  3. TinGoatTravelers

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

Last week, we left a campsite and went to the dump station. Because it was so hot and muggy, I left the truck running for my wife while I dumped tanks. The keys were in my pocket and when I left the truck and closed the door, no chirp. I was bracing for it but it didn’t happen. I was so...
  4. TinGoatTravelers

Disabled Vet looking to upgrade to truck

Sounds like single rear wheel 3500 diesel with an 8’ bed and 50 gal tank. Whatever you decide - thank you so much for your service and sacrifice. We all owe a huge debt.
  5. TinGoatTravelers

How many miles do you have on your 4.5 gen gasser?

I picked up my 2022 2500 Hemi about 14 months ago and I’m at 24,663 miles and more than half of that is towing - we had a great 4.5 month trip to a dozen or so states this past winter - lots of national and state parks, family, friends - a blast! I’m learning how to squeeze better mileage/range...
  6. TinGoatTravelers

Towing with new 6.4L

And just when you think the folding chair won the interwebs, this was another laugh out loud reply! Talented group here!!
  7. TinGoatTravelers

Towing with new 6.4L

I literally laughed out loud! This is perfect! I can’t figure out how to do a smile/laugh reaction (it only likes blue thumbs up on an iPhone) but damn - this had me literally laughing out loud! Well played!
  8. TinGoatTravelers

Ram 2500 brakes

For whatever it’s worth - my prior vehicle (for towing my trailer) was a Chevy Duramax 2500 and the RAM’s brakes are VERY different. I’m still surprised sometimes at how much I need to lean on them even in non-emergency situations. I’m somewhat used to them - but would prefer if they were...
  9. TinGoatTravelers

Will the mileage get better or is this what I should expect?

I learned some changes in driving behavior that gave me a 37% increase in fuel efficiency. I posted about it in another thread - hoping this link works: Post in thread 'Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73' https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/expected-mpg-6-4-3-73.1289/post-260363
  10. TinGoatTravelers

Old issue but still relevant. Beware!!!

It’s frustrating for sure, but I’m not sure it’s a safety issue per se. A car manufacturer won’t issue a recall otherwise. Personally, I’m not a fan of the Uconnect 5. While it works at least 80+% of the time - which is sort of ok, it sucks when you expect 100% - which I do given how much I...
  11. TinGoatTravelers

How do you prevent thieves from stealing your new truck?

That sucks. Sorry to hear it. Reach out to Jimmy07 - great solution, fair price, if you know more about electronics than I do (impossible not to!) you should be fine installing it yourself. Others have discussed ways to disable fuel pumps - maybe both together are belts/suspenders? Good luck!
  12. TinGoatTravelers

Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73

Not correct on the section of 80 in PA I was on. The signs “required” flashers if 50 or less, there was nothing about using them above 50. Personally, I wanted to use them so anyone coming up behind me would have some indication I wasn’t near the speed limit and they’d have more time and...
  13. TinGoatTravelers

Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73

TLDR: there are pros and cons to tricks that improve mileage 37%. I learned something this week. My prior truck was a Duramax 2500 which averaged 13.5 towing my max 7600 27’ airstream. It also rarely went above 1500 rpm even on eastern hills. With about 22K miles on my 2022 RAM 2500 Hemi...
  14. TinGoatTravelers

How do you prevent thieves from stealing your new truck?

I have less skills than anyone in this forum. Jimmy’s solution is excellent and relatively easy to install. I screwed something up during the install and reached out to him (in a panic) and he helped me correct my mistake. It’s a quality solution and easy enough to install. Good luck!
  15. TinGoatTravelers

Terrible Towing pics thread

Serious question - are iPhones incompatible with this forum?
  16. TinGoatTravelers

Are Other Drivers Getting More....

Are you using the auto dim feature? I noticed several times where it dimmed noticeably later than I would have so I’m sure that’s ticked off a few drivers coming my way. Thankfully, I don’t drive much in the dark anymore unless really necessary.
  17. TinGoatTravelers

Actually - I see now that the emojis included in my reply (from iPhone) - including the one saying I was including a smiley face - didn’t show up in my replies! No wonder people took me seriously! It’s a shock for me - no one does that in real life! (Smiling…..). Back to the thread while...
  18. TinGoatTravelers

So how about them towing pics???
  19. TinGoatTravelers

Note to self: some people take things very literally here (including smiley face to indicate there’s no harm intended here…)