Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. gprguy

Adding TPMS to a truck that didn't come with it (Chassis Cab, 4500/5500 specifically)

Just a quick thread to document adding TPMS to a truck that never came with it (or TPIS, or tire sensors at all). Specifically this is for a 4500/5500 chassis cab with all aluminum wheels (all 6), and a 2022 in my case. It should work in general, you may need different TPMS sensor part numbers...
  2. gprguy

Polishing/smoothing the wrong side of dually wheels

I'm working on powder coating some factory dually wheels and of course, from the factory one side is polished and one side is machined finish. The wheels will be sandblasted before powder coat, but I am sure the machined finish will still be plenty noticeable through the powder coat. Does anyone...
  3. gprguy

Truck TPMS with no sensors present

This is probably a question for @Jimmy07 but I thought I'd ask it here in case it's useful to anyone else in the future.. I have a 2022 4500 chassis cab, which means it doesn't come with any truck tire pressure sensors (TPIS or TPMS). With AlfaOBD, I enabled TPMS - "VehConfig 3: Premium TPM...
  4. gprguy

4500 Camper/Jeep Hauler Build

This build has been something I've been planning for years and I thought I'd document it on here. A year ago I started the ordering process for a 5500 to build into our ultimate camping rig, and that didn't go so well unfortunately. The truck was built in February 2023, subsequently hail...
  5. gprguy

Voltage Monitoring Auto-Idle-Up (sales code XF6)

Does anyone know if the voltage monitoring auto idle up feature (the one that is an option, sales code XF6, not the manual one you can activate with the cruise control buttons) is a piece of hardware in the truck, or just a sales code / feature that AlfaOBD might be able to enable?
  6. gprguy

Kelderman air suspension 10% off sale + free shipping - Apr 21-23 2023

I think this is within the rules.. If not my apologies and please delete. Kelderman is running a flash sale today through Sunday the 23rd, 10% plus free shipping. If you're on the fence about a suspension system this is significant - I took the plunge today and saved close to 2 grand.
  7. gprguy

hdrams.com SSL certificate expired

The site's SSL certificate expired rendering it inaccessible in many (probably most) browsers that respect HSTS. @Admin I hope you are aware. Thanks!
  8. gprguy

2023 Build and price for 3500/4500/5500 chassis cabs is up

They've finally put the 2023 build and price up for the chassis cabs, and the options at least on a 5500 Limited (only one I checked) are even worse than things were a couple weeks ago when I ordered - tons of stuff missing, no Level 1 or Level A, and you can't even add the 12" UConnect radio...
  9. gprguy

Adding Surround Cameras to a 2023

Bit of a misleading title, as I know no one can say for sure on a 2023 since no one has taken delivery yet. But let's say a 2022 truck with 12" UC5. Has anyone added the surround cameras to a 2022, or see any reason why it couldn't be done or be more difficult than the 19-21 trucks? I see a few...
  10. gprguy

Any 2023 Chassis Cab orders in yet?

Just curious to see if anyone has managed to get a 2023 chassis cab order in yet. I'm stuck waiting for A69 to become available on the 5500's again once they sort out the mirror quality issue, but I have had some dealers tell me that even if that were sorted the chassis cab order pools aren't...
  11. gprguy

Limited Level A Equipment group - all cameras gone (Chassis Cabs)

This may or may not apply to the 2500/3500's, but at least on a 5500 they have replaced A69 Limited Level 1 with A79 Limited Level A. The following appears to have been removed: CHMSL Lamp with camera (LPD) Surround View Camera System (XAK) Trailer Reverse Guidance (XPU) Digital Rearview Mirror...
  12. gprguy

2023 Chassis Cab Order Guides?

Does anyone have the 2023 chassis cab 3500/4500/5500 order guides they can share?