Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding TPMS to a truck that didn't come with it (Chassis Cab, 4500/5500 specifically)

gprguy

Reaction score
Just a quick thread to document adding TPMS to a truck that never came with it (or TPIS, or tire sensors at all). Specifically this is for a 4500/5500 chassis cab with all aluminum wheels (all 6), and a 2022 in my case. It should work in general, you may need different TPMS sensor part numbers however.

2022 4500/5500 aluminum wheel TPMS sensor part numbers:

Fronts and inner rears: 68475571AD (qty 4)
Outer rears: 68475578AD (they will have an "OD" embossed on the sensor as well, likely indicates outer dual) (qty 2)

Install the sensors and use AlfaOBD to set VehConfig 3: Premium TPM System Present to Yes.

Drive about 5 miles (they say up to 20, but it happened a lot faster for me) and they should auto register.

IMG_5739.jpeg

Side note - I originally only put the sensors in the two rear inner duals as the rest of my wheels were still at powder coat and the truck ignored them completely no matter how far I drove. It appears to need all 6 to be present to do it's thing.

I know none of this is earth shattering news, but almost all if not all of the TPIS/TPMS sensor threads appear to be focused on trucks that came with some sort of tire pressure sensor from the factory. I wanted to post up showing it works even if the truck didn't come with sensors at all originally - exactly as Jimmy07 said it would of course. :D

Users who are viewing this thread