Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. lovegolf44

Horn upgrade

Have you started making "train horn" vids on youtube? :D
  2. lovegolf44

Rattle Noise In Cab

I've discovered a low rattling noise coming from the driver's side vent next to the window. I think it's more profound at highway speeds. I thought at first it might be speaker-related but ruled that out. I believe it's the vent because when I apply pressure (push) to the vent the noise stops...
  3. lovegolf44

Blind Spot Monitoring with 5th Wheel

I have that pkg and I can't use the 5th wheel option.
  4. lovegolf44

Blind Spot Monitoring with 5th Wheel

Perhaps this has been answered already but why the 5th wheel option on the display at all if it won't sense beyond a 30' trailer. Is it an option I missed when I ordered? I don't believe so.
  5. lovegolf44

2500 and 5er pin weight

Run your numbers through this calculator and I think you'll find you're most likely overweight if your pin weight is actually 3K. I used this calculator to help me choose packages for my 1 ton before I ordered it. https://www.fifthwheelmagazine.com/new-tow-calc.aspx
  6. lovegolf44

less than a year old and dead battery?

Verdict: Bad battery according to the dealership.
  7. lovegolf44

Well, I'm supposed to drop the truck off today or tomorrow so I'll wait to see what their prognosis is for the battery draw. With the two batteries in parallel, I don't see how one could be good and the other bad but who knows. I hope I have more success at the dealership than you. What a...
  8. lovegolf44

I wrote in the CP4 thread that I now have low-voltage batteries after getting my CP4 replaced via the recall and cant start my truck without a jump. I can't even test the batteries because something's drawing on them even when the truck is off. Checked all inside lights, tailgate light, etc...
  9. lovegolf44

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

Just had my CP4 replaced per the recall and the day after the dealer did the work I couldn't start my truck without a jump. Something's drawing on the batteries when the truck is off. Having to bring the truck in to see what's going on but I can't get the truck started anymore without a jump...
  10. lovegolf44

OMG, 5th wheel going through a drive thru!

Good commercial for "real men of genius."
  11. lovegolf44

Harman Kardon stereo

Yeah, didn't think so. Again, I think it's because they have to beam a heavily compressed signal to the radio head unit. Bitrate blows. .
  12. lovegolf44

Harman Kardon stereo

I agree. It seemed to me at the time that Sirius transmission from satellite was avg quality because of their compression format unless it's changed over the last few years. If they could broadcast their signal in HD quality like regular radio stations that would make quite a difference. Perhaps...
  13. lovegolf44

Harman Kardon stereo

Sweet, TY. I don't suppose anyone posted installation instructions?
  14. lovegolf44

Harman Kardon stereo

Did you happen to post details on the speaker replacements? I searched the forum, didn't see anything. TY
  15. lovegolf44

Harman Kardon stereo

Interesting you found Sirius sounds good. When I tried Sirius XM it sounded like crap. To each his own I guess.
  16. lovegolf44

Laramie Seats

Love mine.
  17. lovegolf44

Will this battery tender work?

When talked to Deltran and told them I have a 2-battery truck, they recommended this: https://www.deltran-global.com/Battery-Tender-12V-24V-5A-2.5A-Selectable-Chemistry-Weatherproof-Battery-Charger_3 Charges 3 different types of batteries. Connect the negative to the frame and the positive to...
  18. lovegolf44

Considering RWD?

I went 2WD because I'm here in the south and have no intention of traveling to snow states in the winter. Also, you save some PL not having that extra drive system.
  19. lovegolf44

Map update

$25? I would pull the trigger for $25.