Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Seats

ANUG

Reaction score
My 22 Laramie crew cab has the hardest seats that I've ever sat on in a truck. Only have 1,000 miles on it but drove it for a few hrs this past weekend and my butt still hurts. The rough ride doesn't help much either.
Is this normal for their seats or did I just get lucky?? Makes me wish I had clothe seats or pay a fat guy to drive my truck around to break seats in.

I've lowered tire pressure (45/50) and put a thuren sway bar on thinking it would help ride but didnt notice much of a difference, some with tire pressure. These concrete interstates make for a rough ride.
I just bought a 2022 Limited Longhorn 2500 and I feel like the seats are very hard as well. I used to have a 2016 Laramie 2500 and a F-250 Platinum which had much more comfortable seats. This one feels like I slide on top of it when I go around corners edit: I should say that it's not super uncomfortable, but it does seem strange compared to what I've had in the past

JMT

Reaction score
Buddy just came over with his Laramie and the seats were night and day difference. He does have almost 30k miles on his so hoping mine breaks in like that.
When I got in his I would actually sink some and it was soft. He was a little surprised at how stiff my seats are.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
My 22 Laramie crew cab has the hardest seats that I've ever sat on in a truck. Only have 1,000 miles on it but drove it for a few hrs this past weekend and my butt still hurts. The rough ride doesn't help much either.
Is this normal for their seats or did I just get lucky?? Makes me wish I had clothe seats or pay a fat guy to drive my truck around to break seats in.

I've lowered tire pressure (45/50) and put a thuren sway bar on thinking it would help ride but didnt notice much of a difference, some with tire pressure. These concrete interstates make for a rough ride.
Love mine.

kennelpj

Reaction score
OP- did you test drive your truck? if the seats sucked why would you drop $65-70K+ on a truck?

i love these forums
Test driving a vehicle for 30min-1hr does not equate to 10+ hours drives. I agree these seats are a bit stiff. I have 6k miles on my '22 Laramie, and they feel slightly better from breaking in, but far worse than my Sierra had.

treelog

Reaction score

I have a 2022 ram 3500 longhorn limited, that is the first thing I noticed, my seats are hard very uncomfortable

JMT

Reaction score
I went to the local dealer today and they had a longhorn mega cab there, which was already sold, but I sat in it and the seats are night and day difference to the Laramie. They were extremely soft and comfortable. Shocked there was such a difference. Would the longhorn seats be the same as the limited seats?

Last edited:

gpattikjr

Reaction score
Mine are fine. I was suprised they weren't stiff like this thread suggests. Drove it 700 miles home from Kentucky. I look forward to getting in and driving home from work.

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
2022 Laramie 3500

Mine are definitely harder than my other trucks. Was thinking of throwing a bowling ball in overnight to start softening them up haha. It’s gotta better since the first day and I hope it continues. Currently 2400 miles on it

6’2 210#s

G’Dave

Reaction score
Mine are fine. I was suprised they weren't stiff like this thread suggests. Drove it 700 miles home from Kentucky. I look forward to getting in and driving home from work.

Same deal for me. I picked mine up from Mark Dodge on 5/14 at about 11am and drove 705 miles. Got home between midnight and 1am. Started the day at 4am. I was so tired that I wasn’t even thinking about a sore ass .

I also ride enduro dirt bikes that are typically equipped with seats that closely resemble 2x6’s, so these Laramie seats are feeling pretty dang good.

I guess it’s all relative….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread