Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. 2

Rust Prevention

One trip is a non issue. We see a lot of the brine pre-treat and salt and even after years of that you're still ok. I fluid film once before the salt and that keeps things like fasteners and such from rusting - you won't need anything for a trip in and out of the East.
  2. 2

Rear anti spin

My 18 and 22 both act the same in poopy situations...my farm has similar poopy situations and I haven't noticed a difference. Clutch limited slips can be all around better if you aren't lifting tire off the ground.
  3. 2

A/C Issues? Anyone else

The engine blocks water flow is complete whether or not you have a heater core. If you close off the heater core from the engines main water flow you will see more flow within the block. What they said was the exact opposite of reality. All that said - in this world we have to smile and agree...
  4. 2

Backup Sensors and Trailer Ball not Agreeing

My drop is a rail and pin so its wider. That must be the problem. Right now I have my fixed drop pintle on there and its behaving so long as I tie up the safety pin cable. I don't really need the cable to hold the safety pin so thats gonna get axed and hopefully my truck chills out.
  5. 2

Sorta what I was trying to avoid. Not because its tough but because I don't want to swap that greasy thing on and off every morning and night. The 2018 had a hitch glued in the back for 4 years...miss her. This new truck is way more awesome in almost every other way though lol
  6. 2

I love the backup alarms since they came out decades ago...how did they mess that up on a 2022? Of course a diesel truck will be riding around with a ball in the hitch. My 2018 Cummins never had this issue. Now the 2022 put the sensors below the bumper and we're here. SMH
  7. 2

I have tried every hitch ball setup I have and no matter what eventually my backup sensors default to just always beeping. The beep is constant even though nothing is behind the truck. Is there a fix for this?
  8. 2

Anyone use an online auto refinance company?

Absolutely not worth the $1000 discount. At the time I was fine with it because the last 2 Rams had the same deal and I refinanced a couple weeks later. This time around its a bit of a pain and I wish I had let it ride on the better rate.
  9. 2

Nothing in the contract that makes you keep the loan I have. No prepayment penalty for my loan and probably almost any car loan. Right now I am waiting on a local credit union to shop a rate for me. I would think we should see another rate hike, stabilization, slowly lowered rates next year...
  10. 2

I am not locked in - they are just hoping I stick it out.
  11. 2

When I bought my truck about 3 weeks ago they offered to take an additional $1000 off if I accepted an insane interest rate. You cannot put $1000 on the table and tell me not to touch it. So now I need to refinance. I can go to my bank but I see there are a lot of online auto refinance...
  12. 2

Factory Chrome Steps Crew Cab Length

These were on my truck from the dealer to my house where I took them off. Like new literally. $900 local pickup only.
  13. 2

Peragon Bed Cover Versus Retractable Tonneau

Went with the Gator retractable and it is incredible! Super quiet and easy to open close even though the truck is really tall. There are 2 drain tubes that i was able to squeeze into the tie down hook holes. We've had a couple rains and bed was dry. Only complaint is the order of operations...
  14. 2

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

I don't know if I have any extras but I do have some things in my side mirrors that look like rear pointing LEDs? Are those on all trucks? I haven't seen them come on but I also haven't driven it at night yet.
  15. 2

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Dome light leaking through the high five lights? Sunroof? Headliner won't show either of those leaks. High fives leaking into the dome light happens on every brand of truck...I had it happen to my 16 and tightened up the lenses which stopped the leak.
  16. 2

Right outside of DC. Couldn't be any more in the Mid-Atlantic and I-95 corridor accessible. Craig gave me my quote and took my deposit, a lady named Bella on the team did the rest. I never met Craig but if you were to call and ask for Bella I can say she's easy to work with for sure - quick...
  17. 2

Well I got my January 25 order on Wednesday August 17. Almost 7 months. Driving to Koons I did not think it would be worth the transition from my 18 Tradesman to this 22 Laramie. Oh my god was I wrong. The fit and finish on this new truck rivals the best cars I've had (Mercedes G, Porsche...
  18. 2

So I had a regular cab with both (Tradesman), a crew with none that I bought some on eBay for (Tradesman), and now the Laramie at pickup will likely have 1 (I will buy a passenger side one so I can keep my reserve drinks. With the bucket seats I only have 6 front cup holders and I am used to 7...
  19. 2

AMP Research Installation Question

Gotcha thank you. Can the backing plate do anything with the stock rivnuts? I assume the backing plates require the crush of the new rivnuts to hold the plate in place and actually have them firm thing up? Thanks for the input.