Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Texasram1

7 pin tow connector; fused?

Is the 7-way truck side connector fused? If so, would each wire be fused independently of the truck side? Meaning if my tow connector running wire (brown) popped a fuse, would the truck also lose running lights? I was just towing my boat back to the storage place, and I lost all running lights...
  2. Texasram1

2022 mega cab alignment

Is it normal that my caster is still out of spec post-alignment? Also, for this truck should a steering calibration be done after an alignment?
  3. Texasram1

Adjusting new EOH actuator

Hey fellas, finally wrapped up the boat trailer swap to EOH. This is my first experience with EOH or even electric brakes. How do I know when the gain is setup correctly? Even at gain of 9.0, if I apply full actuator via the dash slider, the wheels dont lock up but i can definitely feel the...
  4. Texasram1

120v outlet in bed not working

I used it once about a year ago with no issues. Tried to use it last week and there was no power (truck on or off). Is there a fuse I should check and if so, where? Anything else I should look into? Thanks
  5. Texasram1

What vehicle side 7 way does the 2022 2500 have?

I am about to convert my boat trailer to EOH brakes, and want to be sure that my 7 way will match up to the truck. My 7 way trailer side looks like this. Plug and play with truck, or do I have to swap some? Is the only difference between SAE and RV different color coding but same locations?
  6. Texasram1

2022 12" UConnect issues

Been away from this site for a while...but now that I have some issues I figured I see what y'all think. My Uconnect has really been acting up lately: 1) almost every time I turn my truck off and then open the door, the stereo keeps playing for a while 2) Many times I turn my truck on and the...
  7. Texasram1

Exploded Engine View

Thought y’all would like to see this
  8. Texasram1

Headlight indicator icon on dashboard?

Took my truck in for the tailgate recall, and last night was the first time I drove in sufficient darkness to require the headlights after the service. But unless I’m crazy, the dash indicator lights are now different. I had it on auto, and the parking light indicator came on, not the headlight...
  9. Texasram1

Rear tailgate camera adjustment

Can the camera just above the tailgate handle be adjusted? Had my tailgate recall done today, and on top of it now being loose and squeaky, the camera is angled further down such that I can now see the ram emblem from above. It wasnt visible prior. Would like to move ot back to where it was.
  10. Texasram1

Front Passenger Seat - how to disassemble?

Just spilled my wife’s entire latte directly onto the passenger seat. Specifically, the azz cushion area. How can I take it apart to clean & dry it? Thanks
  11. Texasram1

USB full of media

Can I just plug a USB drive full of music into my truck and it will play the songs? What format files will it accept, .mp3, .m4a?
  12. Texasram1

Service DEF message?

Saturday night my truck chimed and the cluster had a message about a DEF system issue and to see the dealer ASAP. The message was only there for a few seconds so I cant recall what it said verbatim. Has anyone else had this happen? Maybe a loose connection or bad sensor somewhere? I’m about...
  13. Texasram1

Service Dept Backed-up for 5 days?!

I made an appt for my truck over the weekend, by calling the local dealership and speaking to an actual person. Two issues to look at, appt was 0715 on Monday 01 AUG. I hate using this dealership as they pulled some shady sh*t when I was truck shopping, but it is the only one close. Anyway, I...
  14. Texasram1

2022 tune

Has the ‘22 software been cracked yet, to allow for weight removal mods?
  15. Texasram1

Parking brake adjustment?

Hey y’all, my parking brake seems to have loosened up such that if I put the trans in park, apply the parking brake and then release the normal brakes the truck will still roll/lurch a bit before the trans catches it. The parking brake pedal has more travel now too. Only 2500mi on it, fwiw...
  16. Texasram1

My Lawn

Been working for 2+ years to get my lawn to its current state. Even added a real putting green this year.
  17. Texasram1

Remote oil filter kit

Has anyone installed a remote kit to facilitate easier oil changes? If so, where did you end up mounting the filter?
  18. Texasram1

Clutch block off p/n

Try as I might, I cant find the p/n for this part online. Anyone by chance have it handy?
  19. Texasram1

Modding center console

Has anyone ever taken the center console out/apart? I am wondering if I can cut out the 120v plug, move it elsewhere or just scrap it, and install a scanner/cb box in that space. Any idea if there is space for this? The scanner/cb is the size of a single din head unit.
  20. Texasram1

Mounting a cb in a 5th gen. Where?

I got a combo scanner/cb, but there isnt an obvious place to mount it. Anyone have ideas/suggestions/install pics?