Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mounting a cb in a 5th gen. Where?

Texasram1

Reaction score
I got a combo scanner/cb, but there isnt an obvious place to mount it. Anyone have ideas/suggestions/install pics?

UglyViking

Reaction score
So, depending on where you're willing to drill/cut/etc. there are a few spots. If you have a CB with a remote head/controller, you have more options. I've mounted the head of my ham to the top of the radio (in the little coin storage area). There are options from 67 Designs, ICS, and Bulletpoint for this location. I then just ran my mic cord next to the seat.

I've also seen other guys with clever mounts off the right side of the radio, cupholder, mounted from the pass seat with a ram mount that connects to the seat mount.

If you have a single unit where you need to see the controls, then you're more limited. I've seen guys mount either under the armrest, directly below the radio, or on either side of the console.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I have a remote head ham radio as well.
I made a wood stand for it and it sits in the sliding tray of my center console when I need it. Speaker is also mounted on a wood stand that I can place anywhere. Main radio is mounted under the rear seat on the passenger side.

Texasram1

Reaction score
My unit is a single din and I need to see & access the controls.
I have a console vault, which unfortunately prohibits me from using the center console as I need full slide forward to access it in the rear bottom.
The left side of the center console is already being used, and not sure that momma wants it on the R side.
I’m thinking I may just return it at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread