Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. B

Sourcing geniune OEM filters?

You can try here: https://torqueking.com/ Best if you know the OEM part number to make searching easy.
  2. B

No sale agreement?

And yet, this is just the opposite. You're saying that it's okay for some scalper to buy the vehicle you want, preventing you from getting it, and then offering it to you for a significant mark up. If you don't want to pay that, then you'll have to just wait until whatever time it is that the...
  3. B

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

It was implemented to address changing vehicle standards and to respond to numerous lawsuits by people too stupid to shut their vehicle off. https://www.safetyresearch.net/congress-forces-nhtsa-to-address-keyless-safety-hazards-one-automakers-approach-shows-why-regulations-matter/
  4. B

New 5500 owner, TPMS advise

Someone else can confirm as I've found no definitive confirmation, but I believe dually's have TPMS disabled because you will be running different pressures in the front vs rear tires and the system is only programmed for a single low pressure alert. My 3500 has the TPIS active, but not TPMS.
  5. B

Gas gauge

It's normal for the gauge to read empty prematurely. It's to prevent you from allowing it to run out of gas. It's also intended to keep the fuel pump submerged and cooled. Habitually running the tank to empty or near empty will result in premature fuel pump failure.
  6. B

No Hemi options for 2023 Ram 2500 Limited Longhorn or Limited?

The Hemi is being phased out across the board. First announcements about it started a year ago. They are also phasing out the Eco Diesel in the 1500's a other vehicles. It's why I pulled the trigger on a diesel gladiator this year.
  7. B

Does height spec include shark fin?

Tire pressure alone after driving it would probably place it more than .2" taller. I'm surprised that a garage with a door that low would actually be deep enough to fit the truck.
  8. B

Big Horn vs Laramie for 2023 Order

Not sure if the connector is the same on the normal trucks vs the cab/chassis, but here's the camera I put on my flat bed. https://www.camerasource.com/2019-ram-surface-mount-cab-and-chassis-camera
  9. B

Big Horn vs Laramie for 2023 Order

Or just buy a compatible backup camera for the camper and plug it into the tailgate camera connector.
  10. B

Nexen Tires (factory installed)

I'm nearing 25,000 miles on my C&C and the Nexen fronts are noticeably wearing on the outside. The rear DW look nearly new though. Truck spends most of it's time unloaded, so vastly different weight loading on the tires from front vs back. Alignment has been checked, so I think it's just the...
  11. B

Stop sale on new diesels in cold climates? DEF freezing

My issue wasn't the Def freezing/thawing. My issue was that the sonar based level sensor got confused once it did freeze and refused to reset after it was thawed and filled up. In my limited reading up on it, that's the main issue everyone seems to have although some did have some...
  12. B

ranged from -5 to 10 during the coldest days.
  13. B

Happened to me last week in Montana. system worked fine, but the gauge wouldn't register additional fluid being added which led to the limp mode warnings. Stopped at a dealer in Nebraska and tech spent an hour updating the computer and reflashing it. Process reset the guage and we got back on...
  14. B

2022 Ram 3500: Def and and very cold temps

From our experience, absolutely. They deserve a shout out. Anderson CDJR, Grand Island, Nebraska. It was 4:30 Friday afternoon when we called and one of the techs said they would stick around long enough to run the updates and such which typically resolve the issue for them.
  15. B

2022 Ram 3500: Def and and very cold temps

This is not necessarily a new issue, but I hadn't seen anything about it until it happened to us and starting looking. Def freezes at 12deg's (ish). There's a heater in there, so it will eventually be thawed while running. BUT, If your Def tank freezers, it might cause the def tank gauge to...
  16. B

Mopar extended warranty - yea or nay?

I've had two vehicles that I was able to get the lifetime Mopar warranty. One resulted in a complete new engine at 180,000 miles and the other has yet to come into play. Unfortunately, they discontinued those a while back. I looked at the current extended warranties and I put way too many...
  17. B

Limited Level A Equipment group - all cameras gone (Chassis Cabs)

Or maybe they just didn't sell many of those for the 5500's. I know I chose not to have most of them on my 3500 CC. Once I had the bed installed, I added the backup camera and had the system flashed.
  18. B

2023 Sport Performance Hood

Those grill vents are just plastic inserts. I wouldn't expect them to be painted to match the body.
  19. B

Dealer putting me between a rock and a hard place…

I believe it's a requirement on any sold truck that's ordered that the buyer takes delivery within 2 weeks. I know that was the case with mine and is also being communicated on a Gladiator build I'm looking at.
  20. B

Pearl White vs. Bright White - Photo

Pearl White also has a very fine metal flake to it. Bright White does not.