Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. 9

Free oil changes if ordered from MD?

I ordered my truck from Mark Dodge and was wondering if it included any free oil changes. On my past 2 Rams, I got some free oil changes from Mopar, but I didn’t see any mention of this on the new one.
  2. 9

Retrax under MSRP?

Thinking about getting a Retrax pro cover. Has anyone been able to find a deal on these under MSRP? Thanks
  3. 9

Tonneau covers?

New truck is arriving this weekend from MD and I need to find a tonneau cover. The truck is a 3500 CC srw short bed. I eventually plan to get a fifth wheel camper. I'm wonder which tonneau covers might work well with this setup and still have enough clearance for a fifth wheel without having to...
  4. 9

Pearl White night edition pictures?

I didn't realize this color was quite so yellow or cream looking when I placed my order. Now I'm stressing out on whether or not I'm going to like it. My last 2 2500's were black and I wanted to try the opposite end of spectrum. Would love to see some night edition white pearl white trucks if...
  5. 9

Why is a 3500 more expensive than a 2500?

Other than the fact that the 3500 comes standard with limited slip and the 2500 doesn't, what makes the 3500 more expensive than the 2500? The only major difference I'm aware of is the rear suspension and I would have thought the 2500 suspension would be more expensive to build. I'm just...
  6. 9

Uconnect 5 screen resolution?

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the screen resolution on a 2022 between a uconnect 5 with 8.4-inch touch screen and a uconnect 5 Nav with 8.4 inch touch screen?
  7. 9

If you ordered from Mark Dodge, how did you get your truck or how do you plan to get it?

Just curious what others are doing as far as receiving their truck. I'm near Atlanta, and plan to either fly into Lafayette and Lyft to the dealership or just have it delivered by truck. I'm about 650 miles from the dealer, so I assume delivery will be around $750.
  8. 9

Opinions on ordering a regular cab 3500?

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm wondering why more people don't buy regular cab trucks? We're empty nesters. I've owned 3 CCSB 2500's and rarely ever used the back seat. I realize the regular cab is only about 5" shorter, but I'm thinking it will still be a little more convenient...
  9. 9

Sad day, sold the ‘19 2500

Car max offered 65k, so I let it go. Original sticker was 73k and I paid 59k new. My only regret is I’ll have to pay all the TAVT tax when I buy the next one. I don’t need a truck right now, so I may try to hold off and see if any deals come around toward the end of the year. Hopefully I’ll be...
  10. 9

Safety group?

I'm looking at '21 models on Autotrader. It looks like Ram took a lot of the good stuff out of the safety group. For example: Safety Group $1,590 Full–Speed Forward–Collision Warning Plus Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop...
  11. 9

Thinking about selling or trading the '19 and ordering a '21 2500 or 3500.

Or I may go to a different brand. I'm really unhappy with my current vehicle, so I'm thinking about trading if I can make the numbers work. My truck is paid for and since I'm nearing retirement I don't want a payment, so it's going to have to be a cash deal. I'm considering going with a 3500 for...
  12. 9

Regen question?

I don't go on long hauls much, but recently I took about a 700 mile trip to pick up a tractor for a friend of mine. Twice we both smelled something inside the cab at highway speed that smelled like burning rubber. Was this likely a regen? Normally when I smell a regen it's when I'm getting out...
  13. 9

Stupid oil change question?

I got my truck home today from having my first oil change done. My dealer WAY overfilled the oil. I've never changed the oil on a Cummins before. Do you think I'll have any luck draining a quart or so from loosening the drain plug, or should I just prepare for a flood of oil? Thanks
  14. 9

Ram weight-carrying capacity?

Is there a maximum weight carrying capacity for a ‘19 2500? Manual says a weight distribution setup is recommended for over 5k pounds, if memory serves.
  15. 9

Parking lights time out?

This is probably normal but was just curious. I was working on my trailer lights and the parking lights on my truck kept timing out. I guess this is to keep the battery from discharging? I've never noticed a vehicle do this before. Is there a setting for the amount of time it stays on?
  16. 9

Rain sensitive wipers?

My rain sensitive wipers perform a wipe quite often when the weather is totally sunny and dry. Does anybody else’s do this? Not a huge deal, but slightly annoying.
  17. 9

Front park sense?

Does anyone else find it odd that if I have my truck in reverse and there’s an obstacle in front of me, the front park sense starts beeping at me? It seems like the truck would have enough logic to know that if I had the truck in reverse I am not going to hit an obstacle in front of me? No big...
  18. 9

Oil leak?

I’m hoping this is just oil from production. The truck has right at 4000 miles. Does this look like an unusual amount of oil seepage for a new truck. I took the picture at a bad angle and unfortunately I have already wiped the oil off to see if it comes back. There is a drip at the bottom of the...
  19. 9

Mopar owner's site?

Does anyone with the 12" uconnect use the Mopar's owner site? I've noticed none of my information is updating. My mileage is still showing 16 miles on January 2020. I cannot pull up any of my warranty information, and it is showing no maintenance records. Ram is now telling me the 12" uconnect...
  20. 9

A couple of gripes regarding body fitment

My tailgate doesn’t line up quite right on the driver‘s side. the First picture is a normal close, and the second is more of a slam (Which looks better, but not perfect). Also, not happy with the top of the fender alignment on the driver‘s side. The top pic is the driver’s side fender which is...