Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking lights time out?

99ls1tj

Reaction score
This is probably normal but was just curious. I was working on my trailer lights and the parking lights on my truck kept timing out. I guess this is to keep the battery from discharging? I've never noticed a vehicle do this before. Is there a setting for the amount of time it stays on?

MikeG

Reaction score
I do not believe there is a setting to change that. I believe lights are hard set to shut down after 15 minutes or so to not drain your battery

99ls1tj

Reaction score
I do not believe there is a setting to change that. I believe lights are hard set to shut down after 15 minutes or so to not drain your battery
I was working on the lights again this morning and a couple of times it shut off after only a few minutes. I had to start the truck. I guess it must monitor the voltage drain. I wouldn't think the parking lights are that big of a drain, but I guess they are.

Users who are viewing this thread