Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

Questions from a newbie about 3500's

Thats the way I should have stated it. Thanks. Its the heat grid bolt that damages the engine. My bad
  2. S

Questions from a newbie about 3500's

The 22 has the good fuel pump. The 19 has the one that was prone to failure and expensive damage to the engine. I almost bought a 20 not knowing that. Glad I got a 21 which has the reliable pump.
  3. S

Grid Heater Disconnect Codes

What I have seen at work in regards to bolts and vibration is that when the nut loosens (and RAM has a flat spot on the bolt so the nut won't unscrew all the way and fall off) the bracket the bolt is in will slowly saw thru the bolt until it cuts all the way thru. Thats why the wiggle test gives...
  4. S

3.0 twin turbo Hurricane motor

exactly. thanks
  5. S

#TRUCKTALK NEWS Does the Ford F-150 EcoBoost require premium fuel? Tim Esterdahl October 4, 2022 SHARE One of the more common questions about the Ford F-150 EcoBoost is this: Does it require premium fuel? The short answer is no. But, even though it’s not required, there are instances...
  6. S

The knock sensors retard the timing when it starts to ping to prevent detonation and damage to the pistons. Less power and mpg but you can fuel up in places that don't have premium on a trip. Its a safeguard system, not for everyday use.
  7. S

All those little turbo motors take 91 which is about $1 more per gallon here than diesel. All my bikes 91, my sky redline 91 but it gets 32mpg on the highway and my bikes avg 38-45 mpg.
  8. S

I think the point is a big horse lasts longer than a little horse under the same load.
  9. S

When ford and gm downsized their diesels and gave them more power the stress caused reliability issues so the displacement creeped back up. In a light car or pickup hurricane would be awesome. Not in a HD truck. I think the current 6.7 design reflects building reliability into the design...
  10. S

Black smoke and the EPA

Who are these people around here that you are calling tree huggers? I haven't seen the statement yet in a thread, " I love my DPF" lol but haven't been on the forum that long so probably missed it. I forget the word for the situation where someone claims to be a tree hugger yet drives a diesel...
  11. S

Black smoke and the EPA

I don't drive a ev or ride a bicycle. I haven't had anyone deliberately roll coal on me riding my motorcycle. If they did yea I would be pissed and it's a good thing there is a alternative way to handle it. Deliberately rolling coal on people is stupid, irresponsible, disrespectful and the...
  12. S

Black smoke and the EPA

Colorado has a strip on the shoulder for them in the mountains where we were and every cyclist except one we saw was using it. No wonder they were looking when they heard my truck coming. lol and I'm stock
  13. S

Black smoke and the EPA

There is probably a market for used oem emmissions parts and wise to hang on to oem parts if you think you will need them. Even just picking up a super low mile dpf for when it needs to be replaced down the road.
  14. S

Black smoke and the EPA

Loud motorcycles won't be far behind, we are entering an era of big brother enabled by the people. Millions of cell phone cameras and "for the good of the environment and future generations" make it too easy.
  15. S

Black smoke and the EPA

Have you heard there is a app for that? With technology evolving so rapidly it's easier than ever to get anonymously reported. Because of the few who think it's making a statement to roll coal all diesel truck owners will soon potentially be able to be harrased by EV owners or others who think...
  16. S

Stealth Module

The 2nd generation 5.9 12 valve Cummins got better mpg but only had 175hp, 420 tq. Your 850 tq 6.9 I think gets pretty good mpg stock for having twice the tq. It is very expensive to replace a scr or dpf when it reaches the end of its lifespan. Thousands of dollars. It is very expensive to...
  17. S

Stealth Module

This article is a good explanation of the emissions systems and why people delete and why people don't. 6.7 Cummins Emissions Systems - EGR, DPF, SCR, DOC, NAC Explained https://dieseliq.com/6-7-cummins-emissions-systems/
  18. S

Stealth Module

Follow up article on what happened to the guy in NJ. Diesel Ram Owner Forced to Scrap Truck Over Deleted Emissions Equipment (UPDATED) https://www.thedrive.com/news/diesel-ram-owner-forced-to-scrap-truck-over-deleted-emissions-equipment
  19. S

Stealth Module

How do you even know that states won't be lurking on here soon as pseudo members?