Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

What fuses to pull to disable ability to start my truck?

I'll be out of town for a couple weeks and will have my truck parked outside during that time. The key fobs will be in a faraday bag and in a safe. However, I'd like to insure that no one can nefariously start my track and steal it. Are there some fuses I can pull that will insure that won't...
  2. J

Dash blanket to keep glare down

I've got a black rag covering the center dash open tray to keep the chrome rim from blinding me when the sun is in front. However, the glare on the entire black dash can be very hard on these old eyes with that same sun coming in anywhere from 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock. Without wanting the truck...
  3. J

Error code P0733 popped up today - updates

Well, my rig just threw its first error code today along with 'Service Transmission' on the dash. As seen by my signature, I've got the Hemi 6.4L with the 8-speed 8HP75-LCV transmission. Searching the forums for P0733 "Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio" only returns a handful of mentions in the Aisin...
  4. J

Reverse camera still on after shifting into Drive

Recently, possibly after and OTA update, the rear backup camera stays active when I shift from Reverse to Drive. Before that, the camera went off immediately after I shifted into Drive. Now, when I sift from reverse to drive the camera stays on sometimes for 15-20 seconds before turning off...
  5. J

Strange sound when turning off engine

Starting about a month ago, when I turn off the engine there's about a 1 second noise that sounds like dragging a chair across a metal floor - and it sounds like coming from the speakers. Never did before, but now every time I shut down. I'll try to get an audio recording of this and post it...
  6. J

Aftermarket rear window with manual slider?

[EDIT] - Please disregard. I had forgotten that I posted this same question months ago. My one regret with my truck is that I didn't purchase the rear window with a slider. If you have experience with an aftermarket window with a manual slider I'd appreciate the info. See my signature for the...
  7. J

Delmonico Red touch up paint can't be found....

I'd appreciate any clues on where to purchase some Delmonico Red touch-up paint. The local dealers have had my orders on BO for a year. They're racks of touch-up paint have most other colors but not the elusive Delmonico Red. Any ideas?
  8. J

Scanner recommendation, please.

I've read lots of posts here where folks have narrowed down CELs quickly with a scanner, so it's time for me to get one. Please let me know your opinion of a decent scanner fairly low priced. Thanks!
  9. J

How to turn off the front courtesy lights console center light?

At night, when the headlights are on, the little center light on the front courtesy lights console is continually on. Even though the light is fairly dim, it is still distracting and annoying at night. It is bright enough to illuminate the carpet below it. I like as dark a cab as possible at...
  10. J

When can one order a 2023 RAM HD truck online?

Ramtrucks.com still only shows for 2022. If I remember right, last year the ordering tool was open long before Oct.
  11. J

What fuse to pull to disable my truck?

I'm headed out on a 3-week long road trip. With all the stories of how easy it is for thieves to rip these rigs off, I'm thinking that pulling some fuse that will disable the truck might be the best deterrent. I'll be over-nighting mainly at motels/hotels and hope to park where the most light...
  12. J

Side window screens?

Any recommendations on side/back window sun/shade screens for the 2500? Such as found here: https://www.amazon.com/Side-Window-Sunshades-Custom-Dodge/dp/B0876H9W7J I'd like a set for all windows if possible as I plan on sleeping in my truck during a long road trip.
  13. J

Mileage is better when I have A/C on - huh?

Truck has almost 10K miles now. I drive mostly freeway both flat and mountainous over Snoqualmie Pass and Blewett Pass in Wash state. Eastern Washington is mostly flat. I'm always using Chevron gas. We're now getting some pretty good heat in the mid-80s and 90s so I'm using A/C now. I was...
  14. J

Are these tire ripples of concern?

I was sitting on the porch the other evening and the angle of the low setting sun illuminated some ripples in my tires. Only at that low sun angle are the ripples visually apparent due to the shadows - normally one doesn't notice them. However, when I rub my fingers across the rubber I can...
  15. J

Is it possible to replace the UConnect 5 with a UConnect 4?

There are lots of posts about upgrading UC-4 to UC-5. How about the other way around - with all the issues of UC-5, is going back to UC-4 a possibility? Or is the the truck so integrated with UC-5 that it'd be useless to try and go backward?
  16. J

Really mild AC.

I've read several posts about the lack of really cold AC in these new 2022 HDs. The posts seemed to be just info posts and no real solution as to a fix, if this is just the way it is, or is there indeed a problem with the AC? We're getting a heat wave up here in Washington into the 90s and...
  17. J

How to stop truck from sending data to Stellantis - or where ever?

I never signed up for either SiriusXM or Ram Connect and don't have NAV. I do have an account on https://connect.ramtrucks.com, but have not paid for any Ram Connect subscriptions. Yet, I get periodic emails from Ram Connect (the 3-month RAM Connect free trial is over) giving me all the health...
  18. J

Rain guard recommendation for over the doors?

I didn't even think of ordering those (if one even can) when building my truck. Now that I have it back home in the rainy NW, I wish I had those rain guards above driver/passenger front windows to keep water from dripping on my seats when opening the doors. Anyone recommend a good set of...
  19. J

Exposed wiring behind front wheel wells - normal?

Just crawled under my truck to take a look around and saw a bunch of exposed wires right at the connector blocks. Seems to me that road crud will eventually cake up in there and cause corrosion, especially water wicking down into the plug connectors. I'll need to remove the wheel well plastic...
  20. J

"Battery of Uconnect box requires service"

Anyone seen/have this message pop up on their screen? First time today for me and it went away after restarting the truck. The dealer said, 'Never seen that one before' of course. So I have an appt this Friday to have them try and figure it out - but I'm sure the problem will NOT be present...