Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What fuses to pull to disable ability to start my truck?

JimKIII

Reaction score
I'll be out of town for a couple weeks and will have my truck parked outside during that time. The key fobs will be in a faraday bag and in a safe.

However, I'd like to insure that no one can nefariously start my track and steal it.

Are there some fuses I can pull that will insure that won't happen?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Starter relay… or just have good insurance.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Would that be fuse #7 - 40A 'Starter solenoid'?

I have good insurance - just don't want the hassle of all that's involved with a theft.
You could also look at @Jimmy07 s device as well. I also disabled the proximity door handle setting. That way the truck doesn't send a signal to the key fob. That's how lowlife can clone your fob.

JimKIII

Reaction score
You could also look at @Jimmy07 s device as well. I also disabled the proximity door handle setting. That way the truck doesn't send a signal to the key fob. That's how lowlife can clone your fob.
I bought his device but haven't installed it yet. Right when his device arrived in the mail the transmission went out on my truck and it spent the next 2 months at the dealers getting replaced. Then our trip came up (fly out tomorrow) and, etc etc. So I'll pull the fuse this time and when I get back home @Jimmy07's device is going in.

JimKIII

Reaction score
How did you disable that? I just installed jimm07's device (works perfectly), but it would be nice to have a method whereas the truck doesn't send a signal. That'd be one way to keep idiots from even poking around.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
How did you disable that? I just installed jimm07's device (works perfectly), but it would be nice to have a method whereas the truck doesn't send a signal. That'd be one way to keep idiots from even poking around.
Disconnect the battery ;)

CdnHO

Reaction score
Turn off the "Passive Entry" in the radio. You will need to press the unlock button on the keyfob to get into the truck but no big deal. It will no longer look for the fob when locked.

JimKIII

Reaction score
Turn off the "Passive Entry" in the radio. You will need to press the unlock button on the keyfob to get into the truck but no big deal. It will no longer look for the fob when locked.
Thank you. Much easier than disconnecting the battery. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread