Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rain guard recommendation for over the doors?

JimKIII

Reaction score
I didn't even think of ordering those (if one even can) when building my truck. Now that I have it back home in the rainy NW, I wish I had those rain guards above driver/passenger front windows to keep water from dripping on my seats when opening the doors.

Anyone recommend a good set of those? Or are they not worth the hassle of installing them?

406Linetrash

Reaction score
Weather tech/avs/egr all are good brands. Hard to mess up a piece of formed plastic. Stick on or in channel. I run the in channel ones, but never had problems with the stick ones either. The back door install is pretty funky for the in channel.

Highcountry

Reaction score
I didn't even think of ordering those (if one even can) when building my truck. Now that I have it back home in the rainy NW, I wish I had those rain guards above driver/passenger front windows to keep water from dripping on my seats when opening the doors.

Anyone recommend a good set of those? Or are they not worth the hassle of installing them?
it sounds like mayne you're asking about something on the roof line rather than the vent visor type that go in the window channel? I live in a wet area and sometimes when I open the door a I get a big dump of water on the seat. If so I'm not aware of any products, but I do miss having rain gutters

Sponge60

Reaction score
I really like AVS, tape on style. The "original ventvisor". For me, the preferred style is one that goes over the mirror cap vs behind. Had bad luck with the behind the mirror cap style on an Expedition. It allowed water to go into the door, which caused the window mechanism to rust and fail. You can easily install them yourself, regardless of the style you choose.
https://www.autoventshade.com/original-ventvisor/2022/ram/3500

JimKIII

Reaction score
it sounds like mayne you're asking about something on the roof line rather than the vent visor type that go in the window channel? I live in a wet area and sometimes when I open the door a I get a big dump of water on the seat. If so I'm not aware of any products, but I do miss having rain gutters
You're correct. After thinking about it for a while, I'm sure - as you wrote - there isn't a product for that. The older rigs with rain gutters were the solution. Hard to picture something to attach to a smooth roof line that would also allow for the door to open. A rag in the door panel to wipe up the water seems to be the solution.

dandi

Reaction score
We have a 2022 Laramie and I ordered the AVS in-channel ventvisor ones and they didn't work on our truck - wouldn't let the window roll up without making modifications to the actual vent (found that out on YouTube). When I order something specific for my truck, I don't think I should have to modify it. Considering the outside stick on mount, and wondered if they work/look as good. I have always liked the cleaner look of the in channel ones but sadly it was a no-go for our truck.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I installed the AVS in-channel on my 2020HD. They must be the same as Weathertech, as they came with Weathertech instructions. They fit and worked fine, but the rear passenger eventually flew away on the hiway. Thinking about replacing with the stick on type. Have Weathertech in-channel on my 2016 Eco since 2016, never a problem

Users who are viewing this thread