Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. ericcloe

What sales code needs added for the 8.4 with NAV

Is it UAV. If so my dealership said that is not a code they can add. I added what it needs through alfaodb but can't get the camera working after a couple of weeks. So I am going to take it to the dealer to see if they can get it going. I'd like for them to add the code for the new radio...
  2. ericcloe

What are these connectors for on front door harness

So these connectors were not on my original harness that I replaced when I installed the passive door entry. Are these for the door panel lights that my tradesman doesn't have. These connectors can plug into each other. They have the same color wires on each harness.
  3. ericcloe

Passive door entry harness what are these for

I am guessing that the new harness has a spot to hook up the door lights but not sure if these are it. They can connect to each other and have the same colors on both wires. One does have a yellow tape around the jacket. These were not on my original tradesman harness. They came on the new...
  4. ericcloe

Review Camera not working after swapping from 5" to 8.4 with NAV

So finally got the radio working as expected all but the backup camera. My screen says camera unavailable when I go into reverse with a blue screen. I have not been able to get the camera working since the swap. I have swapped back to my 5" temporarily a couple of times and each time the...
  5. ericcloe

Help with the 8.4 with Nav please anyone (solved)

Getting a little frustrated with the NAV swap. I am not finding much from people who have went from the 5" uconnect in a tradesman to the 8.4 with Nav. I have the touchscreen controls working and can control the air from that. The radio stations tune fine. I can't turn the audio up or down...
  6. ericcloe

Lost power to radio and upfitter controls (solved)

I was installing the 8.4 4C radio and swapped the ac control from the top screen to the bottom controls with power on. I have lost power to the radio and the upfitter switches. Any idea on what to check or what fuse to replace. Thanks Eric
  7. ericcloe

UAV 8.4 Nav system. Can I install it without the auto climate sensors (solved)

I have ordered the temperature sensors for my UAV 8.4 uconnect radio I bought to replace the 5" my tradesman came with. Do I need to wait until I get the sensors installed before I install the radio with the auto climate controls. Also can anyone tell me all the settings I need to activate on...
  8. ericcloe

UAV mounting nut and screw combo (solved)

I am updating from the uconnect 3 with a 5 inch screen to a UAV 8.4 with Nav. Does anyone know the part numbers for the nut and screw combo to mount the controller behind the radio. Also how do I splt the climate control between the screen and the climate control unit. Infotainment shows a...