Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UAV 8.4 Nav system. Can I install it without the auto climate sensors (solved)

ericcloe

Reaction score
I have ordered the temperature sensors for my UAV 8.4 uconnect radio I bought to replace the 5" my tradesman came with. Do I need to wait until I get the sensors installed before I install the radio with the auto climate controls. Also can anyone tell me all the settings I need to activate on alfaODB for the UAV and the auto climate to work correctly.

MooneyFWD

Reaction score
I installed the temp and sun sensors and currently have a non-nav 8.4 UConnect. It shouldn't matter when you install them. After I changed the setting in AlfaOBD the Climate tab/button showed up on my screen pretty quickly.

The AlfaOBD setting change is VehConfig 3: HVAC Configuration- Dual Zone ATC

ericcloe

Reaction score
I installed the temp and sun sensors and currently have a non-nav 8.4 UConnect. It shouldn't matter when you install them. After I changed the setting in AlfaOBD the Climate tab/button showed up on my screen pretty quickly.

I just installed it and everything comes up on the screen but I can't use the radio or the temp controls. I'm guessing I have to wait for the temp sensors and let my BCM know I changed radios and I changed to the 8.4 UAV. I see on infotainment when you upgrade you have to plug into the odb to program it.

ericcloe

Reaction score
I just installed it and everything comes up on the screen but I can't use the radio or the temp controls. I'm guessing I have to wait for the temp sensors and let my BCM know I changed radios and I changed to the 8.4 UAV. I see on infotainment when you upgrade you have to plug into the odb to program it.
If anyone can tell me what to put into alfaodb to tell it I have the new radio that would be great. Also when I put in reverse the camera came up blue.

ericcloe

Reaction score
Found the climate control works without the sensors. But to get the auto function you will need to swap them.

krazy302

Reaction score

just wondering if you had the 8.4 uam radio. And if so what did you enable to make auto climate controls work? I have a 8.4 uam non-nav from infotainment tried turning on dualzone atc with alpha, and didnt get any controls on screen and blower came on at medium speed but had no control over anything.

ericcloe

Reaction score
No I have the uaq nav unit. Here is what I enabled to get auto climate to work.
just wondering if you had the 8.4 uam radio. And if so what did you enable to make auto climate controls work? I have a 8.4 uam non-nav from infotainment tried turning on dualzone atc with alpha, and didnt get any controls on screen and blower came on at medium speed but had no control over anything.
Try this
Cab Net ICS integrated center stack. Click it and enable it.

ericcloe

Reaction score
No I have the uaq nav unit. Here is what I enabled to get auto climate to work.

Try this
Sorry I have the have I meant

ericcloe

Reaction score
Here is what I used for mine. Don't think it's all the same for yours.

Scroll down a couple and click on Cabin Net DCSD display screen module and enable it.

If you cant get AC to work move to next step

Now for hvac controls.

Connect again to body control module go to car configuration then vehicle config 3 HVAC (found only hvac 2 and enabled)

Select value tab : dual zone ATC .

Hit start. And done

Note: sometimes it take a few times driving for sirus radio and back up camera to start working again

Users who are viewing this thread