Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost power to radio and upfitter controls (solved)

ericcloe

Reaction score
I was installing the 8.4 4C radio and swapped the ac control from the top screen to the bottom controls with power on. I have lost power to the radio and the upfitter switches. Any idea on what to check or what fuse to replace.

Thanks
Eric

ericcloe

Reaction score
Well I put the original 5 back in and it powered up. Here are the settings i used to program the 8.4

Choose ram 2500 (DJ/DR)

Choose body computer select body control module my 2019 or 2020.

Choose Car configuration change. Go almost all the way down the list till you come to

Cab Net ICS integrated center stack. Click it and disable it.

Scroll down a couple and click on Cabin Net DCSD display screen module and enable it.

If you cant get AC to work move to next step

Now for hvac controls.

Connect again to body control module go to car configuration then vehicle config 3 HVAC (found only hvac 2 and enabled)

Select value tab : dual zone ATC .

Hit start. And done

Note: sometimes it take a few times driving for sirus radio and back up camera to start working again.​

ericcloe

Reaction score
well found this post that talks about a hidden radio fuse on the rams.
There is a hidden fuse outside the fuse box on the 6.4 on the drivers side and on the 6.7 on the passenger side. I am going to try checking this when my truck cools down.

Attachments

• RamRadioFuseImg4_zpszaq2unbh.jpg
    RamRadioFuseImg4_zpszaq2unbh.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 60

ericcloe

Reaction score
I checked and I do have one inline right below where the fuse box is.

ericcloe

Reaction score
Well it wasn't my fuse it was good. I think I might of fried the display by hot swapping the ac control cable. I still see the radio station info in my cluster so I think it is the display itself. However I never got audio so maybe the radio module had issues too.

ericcloe

Reaction score
So after talking to Troutman he told me to check fuse 84. Sure enough it was blown. The 8.4 and the upfitters are working again after replacing them. Posting this incase anyone else has the 8.4 nav or the upfitters stop working.

ericcloe

Reaction score
Well I put the original 5 back in and it powered up. Here are the settings i used to program the 8.4

Choose ram 2500 (DJ/DR)

Choose body computer select body control module my 2019 or 2020.

Choose Car configuration change. Go almost all the way down the list till you come to

Cab Net ICS integrated center stack. Click it and disable it.

Scroll down a couple and click on Cabin Net DCSD display screen module and enable it.

If you cant get AC to work move to next step

Now for hvac controls.

Connect again to body control module go to car configuration then vehicle config 3 HVAC (found only hvac 2 and enabled)

Select value tab : dual zone ATC .

Hit start. And done

Note: sometimes it take a few times driving for sirus radio and back up camera to start working again.​

Jimmy07 had told me to enable

Cabin Net ICS integrated center stack enable I originally posted to disable and he said for the 8.4 with NAV you enable.​

Users who are viewing this thread