Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. jetrinka

Onboard Air

Went snow driving this weekend and when we got back to the highway I got out my VIAIR 450 RV unit to air up again. Its a great working compressor but its sooooo slow.... Holy smokes its slow.... Anyway I decided it was time to upgrade. On top of it being so slow I also carry it in one of...
  2. jetrinka

Balance Beads

This is more of a information post than anything. I got some new studded winter tires to throw on my winter wheel set and figured this time I'd try balance beads out. After hearing good things from @Rockcrawlindude and @Crusty old shellback about them it was time. I went with the Counteract...
  3. jetrinka

Venom Ice Hunter Tire

Anyone have any experience with Venom tires? I have been wanting to step up to a true 35" tire on the PW but haven't due to the lack of dedicated snow tires in large sizes. I found these guys with their Ice Hunter tires but haven't ever heard of them before. They make a studdable 35x12.5r17...
  4. jetrinka

Rear Bumper

Welp she got hit today. Was parked and my wife and I were putting our 5 month old son in his carseat in the back of the truck and all the sudden heard/felt a loud noise/jolt in the truck. Looked back in time to see a Isuzu NRR (paper shredding company truck) had cut too close behind the truck...
  5. jetrinka

Canvas Seat Covers

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with various makers of canvas seat covers (cotton duck like a classic Carhartt is made of). Looking to get a set for the PW.
  6. jetrinka

3.0 Duramax

My wife and I are in need of a larger vehicle and have been considering either a Suburban or Yukon XL. The 5.3 and 6.2 have been around in some form or another for years and years now and other than direct injection (I just don't care for it on gas engines....) and lifter/pushrod issues (found...
  7. jetrinka

Powerstop Brakes

I just wanted to post a quick review of some brakes I just put on my PW tonight. A repeating post I see on this forum is complaints on the brake pedal feel. The common complaint is a mushy pedal or a lack of immediate feedback from the brake pedal resulting in the user feeling like they need...
  8. jetrinka

Chelan WA Area Trails

Not sure where else to put this. Basically I’m looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for beginner level trails around Chelan WA or central WA. Things my PW would easily fit down. I haven’t really done much in the way of trail runs other than good logging roads but my father moved to...
  9. jetrinka

PW Swaybar Speed

Has anyone found out if increasing the PW auto reconnect speed is possible via AlfaOBD? It would be nice to raise that ceiling a bit.
  10. jetrinka

Power Wagon Bumper Oxidation

Was washing the PW for the first time in about 8 months and noticed the paint on the front bumper is oxidized (I think that’s the term) in two places. Not sure if it’s bad paint or just wear from the salt crap they’re putting on the road? It doesn’t bug me all that much as the truck is a tool...
  11. jetrinka

RamBox Bed Dividers

Just looking to see if anyone has any experience with various bed dividers out there that happen to fit the RamBoxes. If you can find the factory divider/extender used on Ebay they usually want almost 1k for them which I think is insanity! Seeing if anyone likes any other options out there...
  12. jetrinka

I think we’ve been beat…

Dunno if the PW can hang….. I feel had..
  13. jetrinka

Winch Useage

So I’m embarrassed to say that tonight was the first time I used my winch - had the truck for a year and a half now!!! Does everyone else get a sense of total satisfaction after using theirs? I loved it! It’s snowing here in western WA and along with the snow being wet snot most drivers here...
  14. jetrinka

Disconnecting Front Swaybar

Just curious if anyone has taken apart the front swaybar to see what the internal lock/unlocking mechanisms look like?
  15. jetrinka

Airbag Valve Stem Filter

This may sound like a weird question but hear me out. Does anyone know of any kind of screw on valve stem fitting that either both releases are and has a filter on the end or just a screw on stem filter? I've got a set of Airlift bags W/Daystar cradles I put on a couple months ago. Work great...
  16. jetrinka

Carbon Filter/Weak Blower

We've had lots of wildfire smoke here recently so I decided to swap the cabin filter with a carbon/HEPA filter from Oreilly. I've used these on multiple other vehicles without issues but after swapping it out in the Ram the blower output is drastically reduced. I can swap the OEM filter back...
  17. jetrinka

Rear Swaybar Removal

Anyone ever just remove the rear swaybar entirely? Not even sure why I'd ask or what the goal would be. More just wondering if anyone has done it and what they're experience was?
  18. jetrinka

Airbag Fitting Location

Hey everyone. I am getting ready to install a set of bags and daystar cradles. I was wanting to get some ideas about where people have been putting the filler fittings. There is a plastic square in the bumper near the license plate I could drill some holes through. I was also thinking about...
  19. jetrinka

Hitch/Airbag Questions

So please ignore my blissful ignorance on this whole subject. My wife and I are thinking about obtaining a smaller travel trailer and I have a few questions regarding towing it. The truck in question is a 2021 Power Wagon with a payload of just shy of 1200 lbs (don't laugh at me - you know...
  20. jetrinka

Off To The Dealer

Don’t know why I didn’t notice this before. Likely has been broken since I got the truck judging by the rust on the broken end of the bolt.