Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Gray Ghost

My truck is doing an "all stop" when going down the freeway. How can I keep it from doing this?

Update. I took it into the dealer and they were able to recreate the issue (I guess I got lucky). They found a service bulletin 08-012-20 describing the symptoms and a flash from 56029827AF to 56029827AG. I will follow up with another status after I drive her for a while.
  2. Gray Ghost

Front Receiver Hitch

Can you have something in the hitch and have a front license plate up there? It looks like you can not.
  3. Gray Ghost

What are the major part differences between the 2019 3500 SRW and DRW

Does anyone know what the drivetrain part differences are between a 2019 3500 SRW and a DRW? I have all the towing options from the factory, not HO, 4.10. A big piece of the towing and payload weight increase are the extra tire carrying capacity but I was just wondering... What about the major...
  4. Gray Ghost

My truck is doing an "all stop" when going down the freeway. How can I keep it from doing this?

My 2019 3500 Cummins does a random "all stop" when going down the freeway at 80 MPH. It is only for a second or two but it freaks the heck out of me. Forward collision warning is off, sensors are set to near. I was using the Assisted Cruise Control. It seems to occur when something is passing on...
  5. Gray Ghost

Cruise Control 'surging'

Mine was better after the flash but still WAY more aggressive than it should be. The sucker slams on the brakes when just letting off the gas would do the job. It is like it is all or nothing. Also, I had to turn off the collision braking. It would activate during turns when there are barriers...
  6. Gray Ghost

Tie down anchors on the sides of the bed

That is a great idea, I am always battling with where the hooks are and the front hook is behind my bed cover.
  7. Gray Ghost

Any adjustment of Alt Trailer height possible?

If you swap the wheels make sure you check the load capability for the rims and the tires.
  8. Gray Ghost

Tailgate Step

I did put traction tape on the tow hooks so I could stand on them. I agree with the pull out steps, that would be great. I guess I need to get a wheel step...
  9. Gray Ghost

Who has added a retractable side step to their 2019 3500 Long Bed (SRW)?

Thanks. I like the no drill option and the large step. I think I will wait a few months and see what is out there.
  10. Gray Ghost

Payload capacity/tow question

Yea, I don't plan on needing it, that is why I got it..... ;-)
  11. Gray Ghost

You are good, my bad.
  12. Gray Ghost

Yea, I think 4x4 took some of my payload away but it ain't bad.
  13. Gray Ghost

4,000 lbs, 20K fifth wheel weight, 2019 3500 SRW Crew Cab Long Bed Cummins 4x4
  14. Gray Ghost

They answered my email back and said they don't have a 2019 - 2020 yet. Maybe the 2018 fits and they haven't tried it yet on a 2019/2020? Maybe they do just need a truck to see if the 2018 fits on the 2019 - 2020.
  15. Gray Ghost

Bestop Trek Step has a step that is 14" long. I am checking to see if it is in anyway "adjustable" or if they will make a long bed version. At 14" long, I think I could get a foot on the tire and a foot on the step. I don't know if anyone has used this step though.
  16. Gray Ghost

Who has added a retractable side step to their 2019 3500 Long Bed (SRW) for bed access from the side? If so, which one did you add and do you have any comment on it? Thanks.
  17. Gray Ghost

Front Receiver Hitch

Picture please! ;-)
  18. Gray Ghost

Cruise Control 'surging'

Do you have an update number? How can we tell if we have had the update? Cummins HO or regular? 3500? SRW or DRW? Thanks!
  19. Gray Ghost

Cruise Control 'surging'

How did you contact them? Do you have a link to the contact info? Thanks