Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the major part differences between the 2019 3500 SRW and DRW

Gray Ghost

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the drivetrain part differences are between a 2019 3500 SRW and a DRW? I have all the towing options from the factory, not HO, 4.10. A big piece of the towing and payload weight increase are the extra tire carrying capacity but I was just wondering...
What about the major parts (are rear ends the same? I would guess the driveshafts on forward to the engine would be the same, are brakes the same?)

Thanks!

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
DRW stands for Dual Rear Wheels, so a dually.
SRW stands for single rear wheels.

Was that the question?

RV_Goose

Reaction score
The OP is asking if anyone know the difference in parts, like axles, springs, etc between the DRW and SRW. I suppose he wants to know why there is a 1500-3000 payload difference between them.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The only difference is the hubs to make the duals fit i believe they use the same axle housing for both the srw and drw the big increase is having more tires to carry the load as the srw is topped out by the tires carrying capacity...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The only difference is the hubs to make the duals fit i believe they use the same axle housing for both the srw and drw the big increase is having more tires to carry the load as the srw is topped out by the tires carrying capacity...

Hubs different and because of this, the axle tubes are necked down on the SRW.

DRW is 4" axle tube size all the way.

Both are 12" AAM ring gear.

Pretty sure the DRW also has slightly larger outside diameter rotors/calipers but I believe that may be on the Max tow (4.1) package only even the the hubs are larger?? I think someone here compared the two at one time.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hubs different and because of this, the axle tubes are necked down on the SRW.

DRW is 4" axle tube size all the way.

Both are 12" AAM ring gear.

Pretty sure the DRW also has slightly larger outside diameter rotors/calipers but I believe that may be on the Max tow (4.1) package only even the the hubs are larger?? I think someone here compared the two at one time.
I thought the 4” was used on the srw as well that sucks for the srw guys

lowfidelity

Reaction score
I could be mistaken but I thought I read the SO has a 11.5” AAM. Trying to see where I read that...

lowfidelity

Reaction score
I could be mistaken but I thought I read the SO has a 11.5” AAM. Trying to see where I read that...
Yep, based on what I see on Ram’s build, I’m fairly certain the 12” AAM is reserved for HO configurations (not sure on DRW)

Attachments

• 4BAA37FB-9BDA-4E1B-83E1-5EE4938CC0C3.png
    4BAA37FB-9BDA-4E1B-83E1-5EE4938CC0C3.png
    820.2 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread