Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My truck is doing an "all stop" when going down the freeway. How can I keep it from doing this?

Gray Ghost

Reaction score
My 2019 3500 Cummins does a random "all stop" when going down the freeway at 80 MPH. It is only for a second or two but it freaks the heck out of me. Forward collision warning is off, sensors are set to near. I was using the Assisted Cruise Control. It seems to occur when something is passing on the side (bridge column, cone, etc.) or going up a hill when getting to an overhead bridge. If it happens in wet or icy conditions or when it happens in a corner it could be bad. I could lose control or someone could hit me from behind.
Has anyone else had this issue? Can the dealer change the sensor sensitivity?

Thanks!

Nick

Reaction score
Take it to your dealer ASAP ! In my 14 I had the opposite problem . I had the truck just throttle down and take off . Took it in twice had to listen to them try too convince me it was me doing it . The second time they fixed it . Good Luck .

jsalbre

Reaction score
Is there damage to the windshield near the radar sensor at the top? Or anything stuck to it? Has the windshield been replaced?

If the windshield is unbroken and clean then the sensor probably needs a calibration/alignment. Definitely take it to the dealer.

Xflight29

Reaction score
The only time something like this happened to me was going thru a boarder patrol check station.
Stoped officer said to go ahead and than all of sudden the stop on the 12 inch screen lit up and truck came to a screeching hault..boarder guy looked at me like what the heck.

Gray Ghost

Reaction score
Update.
I took it into the dealer and they were able to recreate the issue (I guess I got lucky). They found a service bulletin 08-012-20 describing the symptoms and a flash from 56029827AF to 56029827AG. I will follow up with another status after I drive her for a while.

Chris.Gio

Reaction score
My Tesla does this and our Mercedes. None of the tech seems there yet. A week ago we were in the carpool lane doing maybe 50. Outside the carpool lane, the traffic was nearly stopped. We were going around a long gentle left turn. So this meant that while the lane ahead of me was clear, there was “traffic” immediately straight (in that, if I as to stop turning mid corner I’d hit the cars lined up in the lane on my right).

mercedes freaked out. hit the brakes. No one was behind me but what if there was. Who’s fault would the accident be? Mine I guess. Can’t trust tech yet... I’ve heard Cadillac’s tech is the best so far. You’d think it’s Tesla with all the buzz.... but not there yet. Autopilot doesn’t recognize potholes or debris in road yet for instance. Would run right over ladder in the road....

Phil T

Reaction score
Mine will do that if we approach a car ahead of us that moved into the turn lane, left or right it doesn't matter. I always cancel the cruise if that is about to happen. The technology is not perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread