Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. D

Guaranteed "No Mess" Rear Fuel Filter Removal Tool

I commented in another thread that I would post pictures of the "tool" I made to make changing the rear fuel filter a truly no mess task. @Brutal_HO if this is posted in the wrong place, please move it to the appropriate section. In the past, I have designed and manufactured custom billet parts...
  2. D

Viewing system info and software version

I have been trying to find the menu item on my Uconnect system that shows the software version currently installed. Looking online has been unsuccessful. Any pointers or pictures would be appreciated. This is for a 2021 Bighorn with the 8.4" and no navigation.
  3. D

How many amps does the Aux Power wire in the 7 pin connector carry?

I want to use my bed mounted 7 pin connector, just the Aux Power and Ground wires, as a temporary power source for a 12 volt pump. I will need it to power the pump for two minutes or less, and not very often. At most only a couple times a day when traveling. No other power draw would be on those...
  4. D

Transfer Flow Transfer Tank For 3500 SB w/5th Wheel Prep

I thought I would show everyone how I installed my Transfer Flow 50 gallon refueling tank in my 2021 SB, even though Transfer Flow said it would not fit my application. This is the tank I installed: When I tried to order the tank, Transfer Flow said it would not fit a short bed with the OEM...
  5. D

1st Oil Change - Drain Plug Failure

I did the first oil change on my 2021 3500 HO 4x4 SB today, a little early at 11,364 miles. What I found was surprising. The oil was black, nothing like how clean the oil was in my 2004 HO at each change. I was happy that draining into a graduated container, I drained out an ounce or so over...
  6. D

Incorrect Idle Time

I've got just shy of 1500 miles on my 2021 3500 HO. When I looked at the run time and drive time, the truck is showing 4 hours of idle time. I have allowed the truck to idle, at most, 15 minutes since I took delivery. Anyone else experience this? I have noticed that often when driving, I am...
  7. D

7-Pin trailer wiring colors

Double checking everything before towing with my new 2021 3500. I have never really paid attention to the trailer wiring, just purchased my cargo trailer a few years ago, hooked it up to the '04, and drove away. Before towing it with the new truck, I realized that the trailer 7-pin had the old...
  8. D

Mopar 5th wheel mount/frame

Thought I would start in the towing section for this one. I'm trying to find the four latching pucks that this bracket would use. I'm not even sure if they can be purchased separately or if I just need to purchase this hitch frame. I'm going to use the pucks and build my own bracket/frame for...
  9. D

Lower Rocker Panel Drain Holes

Way back in 2004, when I ordered my 3rd gen truck, word was the factory ran out of the plastic plugs that closed off the holes on the backside of the rocker panels. Instead of the plastic plugs, they used good old duct tape. Today, I was looking over the underside of my just delivered 2021 3500...