Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many amps does the Aux Power wire in the 7 pin connector carry?

diesel_driver_3500

Reaction score
I want to use my bed mounted 7 pin connector, just the Aux Power and Ground wires, as a temporary power source for a 12 volt pump. I will need it to power the pump for two minutes or less, and not very often. At most only a couple times a day when traveling. No other power draw would be on those two wires when the pump is running. Does anyone know how many amps the Aux Power wire supplies? I know that those should be 10 gauge wires feeding the connector. My pump draws 18 amps and specs using 12 gauge wire up to 18 feet long.

I'm thinking I should be fine, but it would be nice to know for sure.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I want to use my bed mounted 7 pin connector, just the Aux Power and Ground wires, as a temporary power source for a 12 volt pump. I will need it to power the pump for two minutes or less, and not very often. At most only a couple times a day when traveling. No other power draw would be on those two wires when the pump is running. Does anyone know how many amps the Aux Power wire supplies? I know that those should be 10 gauge wires feeding the connector. My pump draws 18 amps and specs using 12 gauge wire up to 18 feet long.

I'm thinking I should be fine, but it would be nice to know for sure.
Its 30 amp fused you will be more than fine… you can always put 10 gauge wire on the pump if your really worried about it

Users who are viewing this thread