Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Dieseldan723

2020 RAM 3500 Accessories for sale

2020 RAM 3500 Items for sale I finally sold my 2020 RAM after selling our large 5th wheel. Time to let these items go. All items below came from a RAM 3500 (6’4” bed - Crew Cab – 4X4) - They are located in my garage in Chattanooga, TN ALL ITEMS BELOW ARE FOR SALE FOR IN PERSON PICKUP - THIS...
  2. Dieseldan723

Idle Hours in Cluster

I see that there is a record of idle hours in my instrument cluster, but it doesn't seem accurate. I just drove across the country and the idle hours increased by 12-15 hours. I know I wasn't idling for that long. Has anyone else noticed this may be wrong too?
  3. Dieseldan723

Pre-heat issues?

New to the Cummins after having 4 Duramax trucks. I really like this new truck! On my Duramax the glow plugs would pre-heat when it was cold. If the outside temp was warm it would NEVER pre-heat. For the first year of my RAM I don't remember it pre-heating very often. I had to let the...
  4. Dieseldan723

Impact Driver for lug nuts

We are getting ready for a cross country drive and I wanted to make sure I have tools for simple things like changing a tire if needed. I have a 1/4 Milwaukie impact driver and sockets, however I wonder if it's too small for the lug nuts on my 3500. I'm always looking for an excuse to buy more...
  5. Dieseldan723

Parking Truck Outdoors....critters???

We recently moved to a new location and there are lots of squirrels, mice, rats, and chipmunks running around the woods behind our house. I see them coming up near the house to pickup seeds the birds dropped under the feeders. I have even seen a chipmunk sitting on top of the tire on my son's...
  6. Dieseldan723

First Service Appointment - 15K/1 year

I finally took the truck into the "stealership" to get the first oil change and fuel filters replaced. On previous trucks I have done all this work myself, however due to relocation, I have not been able to do any of my own maintenance. I look forward later this year to get back to a place...
  7. Dieseldan723

Regen warnings on RAM?

Still on my first 1/2 tank of fuel with only 220 miles on the truck since purchase last Sunday. In my previous diesel experience with a Duramax, when you made a bunch of short trips the instrument display would tell you to "keep driving" so it could do a regen if it needed to. Does the Cummins...
  8. Dieseldan723

New to RAM - 2020 RAM 3500

I just purchased a brand new 2020 RAM 3500 Tradesman CCSB 4x4 with 6.7L HO & Aisin tranny. I came from the Duramax world (LB7, LLY, LML), all with the Allison tranny. I really like the RAM so far. I have only put about 150 miles on it, however the ride is impressive. It’s very quiet in the...